Thursday, July 14, 2016

COME TO JESUS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Oh, my baby, when you're older
Maybe then you'll understand
You have angels to dance around your shoulders
'Cause at times in life you need a helping hand

Oh, my baby, when you're prayin'
Leave your burden by my door
You have Jesus standing at your bedside
To keep you calm, keep you safe,
Away from harm

Oh, my baby, when you're cryin'
Never hide your face from me
'cause I have conquered hell and driven out the demons
I have come with a light to set you free

Worry not my daughters,
Worry not my sons
Child, when life don't seem worth livin'
Come to Jesus and let Him hold you in His arms – Mindy Davis

Worry NOT!
“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” ― Corrie ten Boom

Corrie also remarks that “Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time.”

Jesus said:
“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.” – John 14:1 (ESV)
So it is clear.  We are to WORRY NOT!

We were on our way home late last night and were listening to a little music and this little song popped up…

What a reassurance for the “worry-days”.

Angel’s dancing round our shoulders?
Jesus standing at your bedside?
Jesus’ light driving out the “dark stuff”?

Just pause and picture that?

The financial pressures seem a little less?
The work/school challenges seem more manageable?
How’s your confidence now that you remember angels AND Jesus have got your back;  that Jesus’ arms are waiting to wrap you?

Regain today’s strength with those assurances today.  I need them because my recent days have been wrecked by worry.  
But today I am going to trust in those helpers and believe.

You?
Philippians 4:6-7 (MSG)
Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

I love you ALL!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment