Tuesday, July 5, 2016

UNDIVIDED

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
New day…
New, albeit shorter, week.
Same commitment?
OR
Are we ready to “step up our game” a little?
Bumped into this little song last night from Hannah Kerr:
More than just a melody I offer all I have, all I have
Nothing less than everything into the crate I am, the crate I am
You're the Lord of the heavens the earth the sky the sea creator and Sustainer of every breath in me…
I won’t stand here before you and lift my hands in vain when I worship my heart won't sing any other name. You're my focus my anchor the anthem of my soul.
I'm undivided
I'm undivided
Words alone are not enough to honor who you are, who you are
May it be a song that overflows and rises from this heart, this grateful heart.
You're my Savior and Redeemer I'll bow before your throne and offer up these praises to you and you alone.
I won’t stand here before you and lift my hands in vain when I worship my heart won't sing any other name. You're my focus my anchor the anthem of my soul.
I'm undivided
I'm undivided
The anthem of my soul
I'm undivided & I sing for you and you alone - Kerr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikW-fmb3vJQ



Are we undivided today?
Undivided in our devotion?
Commitment?
Purpose?
Focus?
Goals?
Jesus commented,  
“You cannot serve two masters at the same time. You will hate one and love the other, or you will be loyal to one and not care about the other…” Matthew 6:24 (ERV)
I will be the first to admit, my mind is often divided.  My agenda, my worries, my targets, my “best laid plans” often occupy my mind-space.  My mind rarely stops running even though more times than not, it isn’t really going anywhere or is unfortunately fixed on anything but my “Savior and Redeemer” as Hannah suggests.
But I can try to do better today right?
We all can!
We all should!
…attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. – Romans 8:6 (MSG)
And who doesn’t want that?
So…
“…If we really believe not only that God exists but also that God is actively present in our lives-- healing, teaching and guiding-- we need to set aside a time and space to give God our undivided attention. (Matt 6:6)” ― Henri J.M. Nouwen
I love you all!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment