Monday, July 18, 2016

SEEK AND ABIDE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Jeremiah 29:13 (NLT)
If you look (seek) for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.
---
“Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can’t bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can’t bear fruit unless you are joined with me.

“I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples. –
John 15:4-8 (MSG)

The Lord keeps things “pretty simple” for us each day.
Seek Him. 
If we do, we will FIND Him. 
And then once we FIND Him, we need to INTENTIONALLY choose to do LIFE with Him; join Him, and abide IN HIM.

That was the message yesterday to a group of changing men in Lancaster Ohio Pastor Tom was encouraging each of us to seek after GOD and to be intentional in our pursuit.  And then once we have sought and discovered to then CONNECT and REMAIN CONNECTED; connected to GOD and connected to a GODLY community.

The Lord knows that while we may think we “have things well in hand”, apart from Him we really can’t do anything.  That is why He implores us to seek and connect; to abide.  He knows that we can be prideful and arrogant and that only leads to dangerous DISCONNECTION and causes our diligence to wholeheartedly seek Him to wane. 

That is why GOD desires our "intentionality" when it comes to abiding and seeking. In fact He honors it.
…he (GOD) rewards those who seek him. (Hebrews 11:6 ESV)

So the encouragement is clear today.

Pause right now and seek GOD.
Connect to “the Vine”.
Make yourself at home in the Lord today.  Listen for His voice.  Allow Him to direct.  STAY at home in love. Do what He asks of you. Connect.  Bear some “good fruit”.

Do that and this day will be most rewarding!

“Abiding in (the LORD) is indispensable, for, you know it, of yourselves you can do nothing to maintain or act out the heavenly life. It is the wholehearted surrender in everything to do His will that gives access to a life in the abiding enjoyment of His love. - Andrew Murray…”

I love you all!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment