Friday, July 22, 2016

TRUST KEY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

In recent weeks I have been pressed on several sides to “just trust, to just have faith.”

I have been presented with a myriad of situations that I truly have no control over.  Others are making the decisions, others have some control over my fate, and others have the ball and are in charge of moving the proceedings along.  And while I am not a controlling type of person, these situations do unsettle me for I do have a little anxious streak in me. So a few of these “uncertainties” are doing their dead-level best to fuel any simmering anxiety.

Just being honest.

It is why I have to keep reminding myself that GOD is NOT motivated by my “need”, perceived or real.  And He isn’t a fan of my anxiousness.  

He is however motivated by my faith. 

So whether it be questions of what is next, where is this going, or how do we keep the momentum, GOD knows what it needed in every case and my job is to simply TRUST, to have faith.

In fact I was on the grounds of Hope over Heroin Dayton last Saturday afternoon when a dear friend who I do deeply trust shared a Word she had received from the Lord for me.

She envisioned a large lock connected to a grand curtain.  Behind the curtain was “what was next”, “the next collaborative connection”, the “next move”, the “plan” and that TRUST was written on the large key for the over-sized lock.  Mind you there was no timeline on the key, no definitive date as to when to place it in the lock and turn it. The Word was that TRUST was the merely “key” to the curtain and to the next revelation.  So even though deeply challenging I am choosing heed that Word and to simply TRUST; to have faith.

And why not really? 

GOD has my BEST in mind.  GOD hasn’t gone away or has been napping.  He can be trusted.  Let us (ME) hold unswervingly to the hope we (I) profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23 (NIV)
He who indeed did promise is faithful. 
And:
Know this: my God will also fill every need you have according to His glorious riches in Jesus… Philippians 4:19 (V)

I think C.S. Lewis did a good job at capturing the essence of this trust/faith KEY when he said:
“There would be no sense in saying you trusted a person if you would not take his advice. Thus if you have really handed yourself over to Him, it must follow that you are trying to obey Him. But trying in a new way, a less worried way. ― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
Therefore:
Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. - Philippians 4:6-7 (MSG)

No worrying. Pray.
No anxiousness. Praise.
Nothing has escaped GOD’S attention. So settle down.  All of it will come together Paul says.  So displace the anxiety with trust the worry with the wholeness of Christ.

That goes for all of us.
Simply put, we all must be willing to hang on to the “KEY” and simply trust GOD for when it is time to open OUR lock.

“We must cease striving and trust God to provide what He thinks is best and in whatever time He chooses to make it available. But this kind of trusting doesn't come naturally. It's a spiritual crisis of the will in which we must choose to exercise faith.” ― Charles R. Swindoll


I love you all!
Have a blessed and trusting weekend!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment