Friday, July 15, 2016

THANKFUL FOR THE PRESENT

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am grateful this morning.
One, my oldest and beautifully talented daughter Hillary has been labeled officially as a CANCER SURVIVOR due to her 3 years cancer-free.

Two, one of my good friends reminded me that my anniversary of sobriety was Wednesday of this week.  So for being able to enter a 9th year of life sober AND alive, I am most certainly grateful.  That is something I hoped for the longest of times and now experience it in my present

Three, tonight and tomorrow I have the rare privilege of assembling a group of powerful resource providers who are dedicated to helping and ministering to the addicted and hurting in our community!

I could go on for I do have MUCH to be thankful for today. 
A lovely CHRIST-LED wife, 2 other stellar kids and a couple of top-notch pending son-in-laws, the best of dachshunds, wonderful colleagues, and good friends, my list is long.

You see it is important from time to time, especially when the pressures of the unknown start to mount, when the “what if’s and what could be’s” start to distort, to take a second and appreciate the “present”.

8 years ago I know I HAD ALL of these things, yet my addiction kept me chasing what I didn’t have or ignoring all the wonderful blessings I did have.

Epicurus once said,
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

And Paul reminds that we should,
Always give thanks for everything to our God and Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20 (TLB)

What is something in your life that you once had hoped for that you are now experiencing?  Is it time to enjoy this “present” and thank GOD for it?

Yes, I will bless the Lord and not forget the glorious things he does for me. Psalm 103:2 (TLB)
  
HAVE A Great Weekend!
I love you all.
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment