Monday, July 25, 2016

THAT'S WHY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Last night in a dream I took a journey
I was trembling as I stood among the crowd
Some said crucify him
Others mocked and laughed
Not one soul came forward to speak on his behalf
I found myself drawn to this stranger
And, I saw such compassion in his eyes
Then he said the debt you owed will soon be covered.
When the Lamb of God is crucified

That's why they call it grace
That's why they call it mercy
And the tears ran down my face
For I was undeserving
The One called Heaven's glory reached through time & space
Took my guilt and died there in my place
That's why they call
That's why they call it grace

Then I awakened from my dream and my mind began to race
With one single act of love and one single drop of blood
Forever my sins were erased

That's why they call it grace
That's why they call it mercy
I will give him all my praise
Though I'm still undeserving
The one called Heaven's glory
Reached through time and space
Took my guilt and died there in my place
That's why they call it Grace
His Grace – Karen Peck

I am grateful for that this morning. 
I am especially drawn to that little 2nd verse; with ONE act of love and ONE drop of blood, FOREVER my sins were ERASED. 
Erased without trace.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12 (KJV)

Sometimes when we have had some “difficult days” it is hard to fathom that God's love and grace is unconditional and not based on what you or I do or don't do isn’t it?  I mean after a bad stretch or when the choices have not been “too great” we can struggle with truths like "there is no condemnation now for those who live in union with Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1 TEV)
But Jesus continues to wrap us in His love and when God looks at us and sees Jesus. 
Thank goodness.
Thank goodness He doesn’t see the sin.
That GOD He sees the grace.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God… Ephesians 2:8 (ESV)

Rest in that grace today. 
Embrace it.  Allow it to motivate, steady and refresh you.
Remember... 
“Jesus DOES NOT cherish an offense, loving us as well after the offense as before it.” 
― Charles Haddon Spurgeon

That is why they call it grace.

I love you all!
Have a blessed day…
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment