Monday, July 11, 2016

INSIDE WORLD RIGHT

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

No more taking notes or digging deep
My hurts and pains I think I want to keep.
I'll keep them hidden, never to be shared or known.
Just the thought of them makes me groan!
No more…
Maybe if I stop thinking about them, my head won’t be so sore.
Oh but wait, I know this is not to be.
Moving forward is what He asks of me. - Unknown

Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust. – (Life’s Healing Choices Choice #4 The Housecleaning Choice)
Matthew 5:8 (MSG)
“You’re blessed when you get your inside world—your mind and heart—put right. Then you can see God in the outside world.

Oh…confession…
Getting that “inside world” settled; putting the heart right.
Yet confession can be a painful little exercise.

It means that we “got it wrong” and that we need to “come clean”.
It can be embarrassing.
It can be humbling.
It can be tough to do; cause fear.

But GOD encourages it.
In fact GOD promises benefit from it.
…always tell each other the wrong things you have done. Then pray for each other. Do this so that God can heal you. – James 5:16 (ERV)

Confess.
Pray.
Then allow GOD to do the rest.  He will.  He will heal.

Yesterday Beth and I had the wonderful privilege of sharing our little journey with about 400 folks.  I will be honest, especially when I know some folks in an audience, admitting those “wrong things” can be all those things; embarrassing, humbling and scary, but GOD has a way of always making the sharing so worthwhile; a blessing.

For following our little time of sharing our challenges but more importantly the healing that GOD has graciously shared with our family, “J.” came forward. 

J. had just been released from jail. 
She had suffered for years with addiction. 
She had decided to “try that church” someone had told her about while she was in incarcerated treatment.  She had no idea Beth and I would be sharing the healing power of sharing or that we would be offering hope for the struggling addict. 
She just decided to walk to church yesterday. 
But GOD had something else in mind.

After Beth and I closed our chat reiterating that “Housecleaning Choice”, J. decided to come forward to “really clean house” and be baptized. 
It was remarkable.

Beth and I are convinced that was why we were at that particular church on this particular Sunday.  It was to reassure J. that EVERYONE had stuff, but that JESUS wanted her STUFF and was ready to heal her once she simply and unashamedly shared it; when she got her inside world “right”.

Pray for J.  The next few days will be tough.  She will want to go back and pick some of that stuff up.  Pray that she embraces the healing and leaves behind the hurt.

Are you are like J. today? 
Carrying some “stuff”. Is it time to do a little housecleaning?  Is it time to find a trusted friend and share the stuff? 
GOD is waiting to take it.  GOD is waiting to heal it.
The question is, are you ready to confess it?
GOD is waiting to radically change your outside world. 
He is!


I love you all!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment