Thursday, October 13, 2016

KING OF THE WORLD

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Was wrapping up a long day yesterday, checking some email and getting ready to go over Ian’s bible study recap with Beth when this little song from Natalie Grant came on the TV.

I tried to fit you in the walls inside my mind
I try to keep you safely in between the lines
I try to put you in the box that I've designed
I try to pull you down so we are eye to eye

When did I forget that you've always been the king of the world?
I try to take life back right out of the hands of the king of the world
How could I make you so small
When you're the one who holds it all
When did I forget that you've always been the king of the world

Just a whisper of your voice can tame the seas
So who am I to try to take the lead
Still I run ahead and think I'm strong enough
When you're the one who made me from the dust

When did I forget that you've always been the king of the world?
I try to take life back right out of the hands of the king of the world
How could I make you so small
When you're the one who holds it all
When did I forget that you've always been the king of the world

That is a profound lyric for where I am at the moment.
Clearly it was something the Lord wanted me to hear.
Helped me to again ask some familiar questions of myself.

Why would I continue to make GOD "smaller" or doubt His providence over everything; everything including my little challenges, my anxieties and my frustrations? 

Why would I box GOD in to my VISION when His vision for me is so much more?

Why would I forget that He holds all things including my future in the palm of His hand?

Why or how could I continuously forget that HE is the KING of the WORLD? And even when the WORLD is NOT so kind to me HE always IS!
The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. Psalm 145:8 (NIV)

It sure is easy for us to let the circumstances of life distort the providence, power, provision, purpose and KINGSHIP of GOD isn’t it?
We take the lead. 
We set expectations without consulting Him first only to face disappointments. 
We forget in our “storms” His amazing ability to quickly calm them.
He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. Mark 4:39 (NIV)

I know I am not alone in needing to hear this “again”. 

Yesterday 4 new addicts needed calming and a GOD and KING that was bigger than them to do it.

2 dear ministry friends frustrated by the apathy that seemingly surrounds them needed to know their KING was in their CORNER! 

One dear buddy so confused as the “what GOD was doing and not doing” that he wanted to quit doing anything. He needed to un-box his KING again.

I am sure there is someone else needing to be reassured of the KINGSHIP of the FATHER today; of His LORDSHIP over all we face, all we see and can’t see, all we wish would be “different”.  Perhaps this song will remind you as it did me to stop trying to be in charge and let our KING be the KING.

Why?
Because HE is a good KING our "King of the world".
 
“The King, full of mercy and goodness, very far from chastising me, embraces me with love, makes me eat at His table, serves me with His own hands, gives me the key of His treasures; He converses and delights Himself with me incessantly, in a thousand and a thousand ways, and treats me in all respects as His favorite.   Brother Lawrence…





Love you all…
Opportunities for Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment