Tuesday, October 18, 2016

NEED TO HEAR

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

It is funny sometimes how GOD will speak to us.
He speaks to us through friends, His Word, maybe even in a situation or a scene.  GOD speaks to us in seasons and encounters that cause us to reflect.  Maybe it is in a circumstance or when we are praying that we “clearly hear” from Him.

For my friends it is the nature of GOD to desire and engage in communication with us. 
He loves us. 
He loves for us to draw near so that He can do the same and whisper “sweet everything’s” in our ears.
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you…
James 4:8 (ESV)

And I know some of you are already saying, Pastor you forgot music.  No, I didn’t.  That is what I wanted to share today.  In the OFH I often quote lyrics and share a link from time to time, and today is one of those days.

After preaching on Sunday just outside of Springfield, Zack, the sound kid, played the song that shares this lyric…

It's the light that pierces through you
To the darkest hidden place
It knows your deepest secrets
But it never looks away
It's the gentle hand that pulls you
From the judgement of the crowd
When you stand before them guilty
And you got no way out

Some may call it foolish and impossible
But for every heart it rescues, it's a miracle
It's nothing less than scandalous
This love that took our place
Just call it what it is, call it grace
Call it grace

It's the breath that's breathing new life
Into what we thought was dead
It's the favor that takes orphans
Placing crowns upon their heads
It's the hope for our tomorrows
The rock on which we stand
It's a strong and mighty fortress
Even Hell can't stand against

Some may call it foolish and impossible
But for every heart it rescues, it's a miracle
It's nothing less than scandalous
This love that took our place
Just call it what it is, call it grace
Call it grace
Call it grace

Amazing, unshaking
This is grace, this is grace
Unchanging, unfailing
This is grace, this is grace - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAMU68NTVQw

And while that song fit nicely for what I had just shared, put a pretty bow on the talk, more importantly it REFRESHED me.  For I KNEW when I heard it that GOD had led Zack to share that with just me.

For I most certainly needed to be reminded that grace was the hope for my tomorrow; the rock on which I could stand.  I needed to hear the affirmation that in spite of my deepest secrets, fears, mistakes, confusion and anxieties, GRACE and GOD never look away and their gentle hand pull me NEAR!!!

GOD quickly through that little four-minute song spoke into me what I needed to hear. 
He loves me enough.
I am glad I was listening.

GOD wants to speak to YOU TOO today. 
He does. 
Question is: Are you listening? Are you paying attention?

Trust me.
It will be JUST what you need to hear.


Love you all…
Opportunities for Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment