Monday, October 3, 2016

SEASON

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven” – Ecclesiastes 3:1

We serve a God of seasons.
And... 
“Though we may not be able to see His purpose or His plan, the Lord of heaven is on His throne and in firm control of the universe and our lives.” ― Max Lucado

It is interesting how GOD works.

I begin a “new season” today; a new chapter in my development and one of further chiseling I believe. (watch this for a little clarification…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QCkBL2DfVg)
 
But as with all changes of seasons, there is anticipation tethered with anxiety.  There is the unknown and yet there is providence.  There is the uncertainty and yet there is the unquestioned CERTAINTY of GOD.

Hebrews 13:8 (NIV)
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

And even though I have little to no idea what GOD has next for me, for the work, for the countless (and I am not kidding) countless doors of opportunity that are in front of me, the CERTAINTY of GOD is a resting assurance.

In fact, while I was writing this morning GOD granted me a little peaceful affirmation to his “always there-ness”. 

Our little Lincoln, our dachshund, has a little morning routine which includes a stop by my desk for his morning hugs, rubs and attention.  And as I was formulating today’s thought about trepidation, season change and uncertainties, he wandered up to remind me of that truth from Hebrews, that GOD is with me, GOD has got me and GOD wants the best for me. That regardless of season, title, or office address, I am loved, I am cared for, and I am covered unconditionally. That even when things seem to be changing, some things never change like him and GOD.

I will be honest, these last weeks have been a struggle, experiencing deep and confusing rejection around one corner only to find intense acceptance and excited anticipation around the next.  It has been a most paradoxical journey.

But the reality is that today is just another new beginning; another opening day, another first pitch, another start of a new season and with it comes all of the hope, mercy and measure of opportunity GOD planned for it. (Lamentations 3:22-23)

So I am going to rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalms 118:24) 
Even if it is just for today.

What about you?
Experiencing a change of season?
GOD has something new in store for you that you weren’t really looking for or could see coming?

Remember:
GOD loves you unconditionally.
GOD loves you too much to leave you stagnant.
Maybe there is some chiseling needed?
Maybe there is something new to be learned?
Don’t cower.  Don’t fear it.

Embrace the new day.
Embrace the new season.
Embrace this prayer with me…

“Father, I decree and declare that I will be anxious for nothing. But in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, I will make my requests known to You. I arise in faith today knowing that You hear and answer prayer. Because I bring my needs to You, I will walk in the peace of God that surpasses understanding, and it will guard my heart and mind. In stillness and quietness, I will wait for You, and You will lead me in the way I should go. I seal these declarations in the name of Jesus…Amen… Trimm

I love you all
Opportunities for Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment