Friday, October 14, 2016

SEEK WHOLEHEARTEDLY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

...they that seek (GOD) shall surely find Him when they need Him most. 
~Louisa May Alcott

If you look (seek) for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. – Jeremiah 29:13 (NLT)

Sometime back I used to add to the top of the DISPATCH/OFH the question, “Are you seeking”?

Seeking GOD this morning?
Seeking His face?
Seeking His favor?
Seeking His counsel?
Seeking His wisdom?
Seeking His instruction?

Seeking His correction?

And last night I was “decompressing” after a very full day; a day where there were things to do for the “new” opportunity, things to do to prep for some upcoming events tied to the “other jobs" and the coordination of some help for some deeply hurting and addicted friends.

My mind was really cluttered almost to the point of confusion again.  
I was feeling a little “disconnected” from GOD.

Why GOD “this”…?
Why GOD “that”…?
Why “NOT this” GOD?

And then in that still small voice, GOD reminded me of Jeremiah 29:13 – 
Seek me WHOLEHEARTEDLY…

I will be brutally honest, I have not been seeking WHOLEHEARTEDLY because my heart has been divided of late.  In it are some selfish things, some panic, some anxiety, and quite a bit of sin I am afraid.  Just being real.

And if I take Jeremiah at face for me to be able to SEEK GOD, to find Him, to have Him bless and operate in, through and for me, that heart needs to be ‘WHOLE”. 

It does. 
That is when this passage came to mind.
Create a clean heart in me, O God, and renew a faithful spirit within me. 
– Psalm 51:10 (GW)

And it was then that GOD started to reveal the things that were hindering me “finding” Him at times; sins, selfish behaviors, bitterness, failings in integrity, disingenuous tendancies, and anger.

And GOD in that moment was clearly saying, “Clear the deck, let me make your “HEART WHOLE” so that you can more EASILY find me.”
Come near to God and he will come near to you. You are sinners, so clean sin out of your lives. You are trying to follow God and the world at the same time…
Be humble before the Lord, and he will make you great.
James 4:8,10 (ERV)

That was/is me.

So the question for us is pretty simple, one that has been asked before, “Are you seeking? Are you seeking WHOLEHEARTEDLY or do you need to clear out some “stuff” so that you can better FIND HIM like me?”

The good news is that when we do, when we HUMBLY seek, HE WILL make us great.

So…
“Seek God every morning. Trust God every moment.”
 Lailah Gifty Akita

We will find Him, HE WILL come near.

Love you all…
Be blessed this weekend.
Opportunities for Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment