Thursday, November 8, 2012

AFFRIMED

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“No one calls.” “No one writes.” “Not even a little text or voicemail?”
“Really?”
“I sure could use a little pick me up an 'attaboy an "attagirl', something…”
Well…
Walk into your bedroom or bathroom or go outside and look in the rear view mirror, find a dark window or even pull out that little make-up mirror and look at yourself and let's do a little "affirming"!
I know it sounds silly, goofy and “new agey”, but do it!
Find a spot where YOU can see YOU and let GOD give you a little pick me up!
Come on!
You can do it! I know you are thinking no...but GOD is saying yes!
Okay, okay let me help you....
Look in there and say…
1 John 4:4
I have the Greater One living in me; greater is he who is in world.
WOW!
Add a little of this…
Philippians 4:19
I am not lacking, for my God supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
WOO HOO!
Perhaps a little dose of this?
1 Thessalonians 5:23
I am a spirit being –alive to God.
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
Far too often we count on others to lift us up and to affirm us when GOD through His amazing, always relevant and organic Word has this covered!
I mean grab hold of this one it packs a punch!
1 Peter 2:9
I am a part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people.
CALL A NEIGHBOR!
GOD knows this world will do it’s best to bring us down. GOD knows that the “accuser” is lurking around every corner poised via each interaction to pour doubt, fear, lies and anxiety into our heads.
That is why GOD goes to great lengths…40+ times in the New Testament alone to AFFIRM us as HIS kids, HIS chosen, HIS blessed and HIS love!
So go ahead, BE AWKWARD!
Stare yourself right in the mirror and AFFIRM!
Ephesians 2:10
I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works.
Now THAT is an ATTABOY (or ATTAGIRL, lol!)
Have a blessed day!
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment