Monday, November 12, 2012

GRATITUDE GAUGE



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
12th of November; a little over a week before Thanksgiving; what is your “GRATITUDE GAGE” reading today?
We are celebrating Thanksgiving tonight with our FREEDOM folks, so I know mine is running pretty full. I know I have a team of folks pitching in to help our mission/ministry deliver an amazing Thanksgiving dinner and worship service tonight. So right out of the gate I am brimming with thanks. As my beloved Anna Brooks always says, “Many hands make light work!” For that I am SERIOUSLY grateful!
But today, I wanted to just challenge your thinking for a moment.
While TODAY it’s easy for me to be thankful, is that enough? I mean can we hit and miss with thankfulness? Should our gratitude gauges ever fluctuate or should they be peaked out and tipping the top more often than not?
I mean GOD tells us...
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (The Message)
Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
WHOA!
If we could simply remove a word or two, GOD’S instruction would feel more doable. Giving thanks is easy, but giving thanks “NO MATTER WHAT”, that makes you say...
“Come on GOD…you’re not really serious about that are you?”
Be grateful when things aren’t going swimmingly? Be grateful when the boss is a skin-flint and cut my hours? Be grateful when others don’t appreciate me? Be grateful and cheerful NO MATTER WHAT? That is a TALL order!
For me gratitude is often the farthest thing from my mind when I am experiencing pain, turmoil or uncertainty. But GOD is challenging me and you to REMEMBER we have an ironclad reason to exercise thankfulness at all times.
Jeremiah 31:3
I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.WHOA!
We should be continually thanking Him!
Psalm 92:1-2
What a beautiful thing, God, to give thanks, to sing an anthem to you, the High God! To announce your love each daybreak…
So thankfulness should be at the TOP of the list each morning. The Lord strengthens and resets each day through our gratitude. Our spirits are lifted and our courage strengthened by a grateful heart!
So ask yourself...
Psalm 116:12-19
What can I give back to GOD for the blessings he’s poured out on me?
I’ll lift high the cup of salvation—a toast to GOD! (THANK HIM)
I’ll pray in the name of GOD;
I’ll complete what I promised GOD I’d do…
Gauge is full? Have a great day!
I love you all
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment