Tuesday, November 27, 2012

HOPE WILL APPEAR




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
"Where are you GOD?"
"Can’t you see I am in a mess here?"
"My kids are rebelling and they don’t know the danger they are in. They won’t listen to me. I am scared. Are you listening?"
"The police are at my door, I know I was wrong but I can’t leave now my family needs me. What do I do?"
"Why did you do that mom? Why didn’t you ask me for help?"
"I have really been trying to do right, I really have you know it and I know it, so why all the bad stuff GOD?"
So many questions.
So many crises.
So much chaos.
So much noise.
Consequences. Confusion. Conundrums.
It is all so loud. It is all so overwhelming.
Yesterday was one of those days for me. Too much. Too fast. Too many half-truths. Too many uncertainties.
No clear cut answers anywhere. No real path appearing out of the midst telling me where to go, no glowing revelation or wash of discernment telling me what to say.
I will be transparent this morning. I got overwhelmed.
And true to my old sinful nature, my old fleshly self, I got angry with all of it. Kicked the ground. Said stupid things. Made stupid arguments. Had a little textbook temper tantrum. Thought about cashing in on all of it. Even said I bet the devil was enjoying kicking my "you know what" around the parking lot.
Then morning came.
Things are always better in the morning, at least they are for me. And low and behold, the mercy and faithfulness of GOD was there to meet me just like every morning before. Except today I really went looking for it.
Lamentations 3:22
God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out,
his merciful love couldn’t have dried up.
They’re created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
And even though yesterday was brutal for me, GOD reminded me THAT IT ISN'T ABOUT ME.
He reminded me that it was so much more brutal for those going through the pain, asking the questions and seeking the answers.
I needed to remember that and stop and listen for His help.
Maybe it was brutal yesterday for you as well. Maybe you need to stop and listen too.
As I sit here at the computer in the quiet of the morning with my coffee on my right I am reminded that GOD has got all of these. We just need to rest our minds and remember His faithfulness and trust Him to go to work.
Lamentations 3:28-29
When life is heavy and hard to take,
go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don’t ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
You see that is the TRUTH.
Hope WILL appear. Answers will surface. Directions will come. Plans will crystallize. Why? Because GOD is GOD and that is what He does.
2 Corinthians 6:1
…God reminds us, I heard your call in the nick of time; The day you needed me, I was there to help. Well, now is the right time to listen…
And that is what I am going to do. Just listen.
How about you?
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment