Friday, November 2, 2012

WHEW




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Whew!
Ever get to the end of the week and think, whew?
Last Sunday seems so far in the distance. All that positive spiritual energy I experienced and tried to reserve is long gone.
A full week of “world” has sapped me pretty good.
Ever feel that way. Like a whole lotta “world” has worn out your week?
I was sitting out in front of Professor Delaney’s palatial new compound at Cedarville yesterday waiting for her to finish a class and run her home and I just took a deep breath and said whew.
It was only Thursday and the world was winning.
But I am sure I am not alone. In fact I am sure my “tired” would look wimpy in comparison to most.
That is why I am so thankful I have access to a supernatural refreshing.
Jeremiah 31:25
I’ll refresh tired bodies; I’ll restore tired souls.
When I run out of gas He is there holding the nozzle and ready to refuel me!
Psalm 23:3
He refreshes and restores my life (my self);
Isn’t that great?
The world can take its best shot, the day can do its best draining but GOD is there, with access to an endless valve of supernatural energy and endless strength! All we need to do is wait on it!
Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait upon GOD get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don’t get tired…
Maybe you too are a little “world weary” this morning. Maybe you need a little more than the morning Joe or a round of Jenni Biel’s super ZUMBA zing.
Just pause.
Take a deep breath. Maybe even let out a little “whew”.
Then lift your eyes and inhale deeply. There it is!
The strength you need today.
Psalm 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes …My help comes from the Lord...
I love you all.
Have a blessed weekend!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment