Tuesday, November 20, 2012

SINNERS and SAINTS



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future.”
― Saint Augustine of Hippo
I love that little quote.
You see, I believe that we often give “saints” way too much credit and “sinners”way to much blame.We even act as if we have the insight to decide on who fits into those designations.
But do we really?
The hard reality is that we ALL have a past and we ALL are sinners.Sorry to burst your bubble my self-proclaimed saints out there.But that is the truth.
Romans 3:23
All have sinned and are not good enough to share God’s divine greatness.
But what I really love about that quote from St. Augustine is the declaration!There are no sinners without a future!
That is powerful because I know I am sinner and just to know I still have a future, that GOD hasn’t counted me out yet that there is still hope for me is just the energy I need to keep going some days.
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for well-being and not for trouble, to give you a future and a hope.
I know that there are many you who are so beat down by your past that you can’t even fathom a future.
I get it.
You think your decisions have been too poor, your choices too evil or your actions too extreme and wicked to ever be part of GOD’s plan or that FUTURE and HOPE.
But that is not the case at all!
GOD has a future plan for all of us; sinners and saints alike!
Don’t think so?Just look!He has already cleared the deck and brought you over to HIS side, THE SIDE with a FUTURE!
Colossians 1:21-22
You (that is all of us) yourselves are a case study of what he does. At one time you all had your backs turned to God, thinking rebellious thoughts of him, giving him trouble every chance you got. But now, by giving himself completely at the Cross, actually dying for you, Christ brought you over to God’s side and put your lives together, whole and holy in his presence.
You see! The truth is we all have sinned.The truth is we all have a past.The truth is we all have fallen short of the greatness of GOD and we will continue to do so until we are 6 feet under. But thanks to Calvary, the cross and CHRIST, GOD injects the hope into that little quote from St Augustine! That we "SINNERS" have a future!
Ephesians 2:4
…Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, GOD embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ.
I don’t know about you, but that gives me, one of those “sinners”hope for an awesome future!
I love you all.
Have a blessed day!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment