Friday, November 23, 2012

BLACK FRIDAY




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I thought I would send a “little rerun” of a DISPATCH I penned on BLACK FRIDAY last year…I think the message is still applicable!
Love ya! Pastor G…
Many of you are either heading out for a BLACK FRIDAY excursion or already back, catching a cup of coffee or a Monster energy drink in preparation for another dive in the mosh pit of shopping insanity.
Well I bid you safe travel and pray you don’t lose any limbs wrestling a spry grandma to the ground for the last of the “whosits or whatsits” you seek.
I wanted to just encourage you that as you fly face first into the fray today, remember who you represent.
We hear so many awful stories of bickering and fighting on this goofiest of days.So as the tempers rise and the intensity peaks, just remember who you are.
You are Jesus’ rep today in this madhouse.
Not being preachy, just wanted you to pause; that’s all.
Philippians 2
…Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.
The way we live for God should permeate all areas of life; even BLACK FRIDAY.
The way we act reflects our faith; others will equate our attitudes and actions with Jesus.
Just a gentle reminder.
This is as much for me today as anyone; at least this year my wife can't don her“KOHL’S KAP” on and tie me to the bumper of the car kicking and screaming to that torture chamber. An experience in that store on Black Friday can make the most steady of Christians lose their religion.
But, think about how the golden rule—"Do unto others as you'd have others do unto you"—it applies here.
That’s all.
No throw-downs today my FREEDOM friends. Put your shopping carts back to save the employee’s time.Let another who has the screaming kid ahead of you in line. No tug o war over the “gotta have” sweater.Be cheerful.
I have the upmost confidence in all of you!
Have a blessed and safe day.
Also, have fun and a wonderful weekend.
I love you all.
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney
 


No comments:

Post a Comment