Thursday, September 19, 2013

CIRCUMSTANCE-PROOF




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Spent about an hour or so yesterday with a sweet lady who in a word was just “sad”. Don’t need a more flowery description or need to try to paint a more vivid picture, she was sad.
Circumstances and frustration had drained her. Funds were short and so were fuses at her home. She suffered a devastating loss just a few months before and the fog had not yet lifted. Life had gotten heavy and she wanted relief. It had become virtually impossible to eke out even slimmest grin. She was teetering on tears. Just sad.
But life has a way of doing that doesn’t it. It can drain us, upset us, confused and confound us. It can make us sad. But GOD can turn tears and sadness to joy and gladness. I believe my buddy Anna Brooks taught me a song about that very thing… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IXgUl6HrRY
But my new friend wasn't much for songs. She couldn’t find any hope. She was most definitely feeling like cashing out or giving up. Sound familiar?
Have you been there before? Maybe you are there this morning. Life has taken its measure or exacted its toll and you are feeling sad?
HOLD ON! Smiles are coming!
Psalm 30:5
…The deepest pains may linger through the night, but joy greets the soul with the smile of morning.
That JOY comes from the LORD and my friends it is CIRCUMSTANCE-PROOF!
Nehemiah 8:10
…the joy of the Lord is your strength.
Never forget!
GOD encourages us to find JOY in Him at all times! Even when circumstances dictate otherwise.
Philippians 4:4
Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him!
So it is safe to say that even when we are “sad”, GOD says be GLAD! From this command, GOD is reminding us that WE (those who are IN HIM and WITH HIM) are circumstance-proof! He is reminding us that even in the midst of hardship, we can purposefully CHOOSE to live with joy. In fact, GOD expects that of us. He equipped us!
Galatians 5:22
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, JOY, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
So let’s turn those tears of sadness into joy and gladness!
Circumstance-proof yourself with the strengthening tonic of JOY! For while difficulty may be inevitable, God's truth is unshakeable and it WILL sustain you!
So long sadness! Hello gladness!
Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my safe cover. My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. So my heart is full of joy. I will thank Him with my song.
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment