Friday, September 27, 2013

PARADE OF FRUSTRATION




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“No one will hire me”.
“This system stinks, don’t they realize while they ‘process’, I am homeless.”
“I have called umpteen times and no call back.”
“I make only X and everyone expects me to do Y with it.”
“You can’t get blood out of a turnip”.
I know you folks sometimes think I “make stuff up” for the purpose of effect for the DISPATCH, but trust me if I put it in here, it was said or it happened. The case in point, my little one-liners above; every one of them was real.
I was at the JEREMIAH TREE from dawn to dusk yesterday. I got up from my desk only for when nature and coffee called. The rest of the time I was party to what I will call the “PARADE of FRUSTRATION”; appointment after appointment person after person crisis after crisis; firestorms of frustration. Just about every client I saw had “had it”. I will be honest, at the close of the night I had too.
But I bring that all up today not to have you commiserate with me or for any type of shock value but rather to make a quick point as we head into a weekend. GOD knows there are obstacles in all our lives; that frustration will flourish from time to time. He just wants us to trust HIM rather than fall prey to being flummoxed.
2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness…”
Paul could have easily said “Instead of fixating on the frustration, fix your faith.”
And that is exactly what we ALL need to do. Fix our faith!
I know it is easy to instead get fixed on our frustrations. Yet GOD calls us to lift our eyes to Him when life beats us down; Jesus Himself reminds us that He will help us overcome!
John 16:33
“In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.”
The reality is that obstacles WILL continue to arise. Processes will continue to perplex.
But our help is always at hand!
Psalm 121
Where will my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your feet go out from under you. He Who watches over you will not sleep. 4 Listen, He Who watches over Israel will not close his eyes or sleep. 5 The Lord watches over you. The Lord is your safe cover at your right hand. 6 The sun will not hurt you during the day and the moon will not hurt you during the night. 7 The Lord will keep you from all that is sinful. He will watch over your soul. 8 The Lord will watch over your coming and going, now and forever.
So instead of fixating on those frustrations today, fix your faith and attention on Christ. He is ready, able and sufficient to help you overcome those pesky obstacles! All He asks for is a little faith!
Matthew 17:20
…The simple truth is that if you had a mere kernel of faith…There is nothing you wouldn’t be able to tackle.
Even a "parade of frustration"!
Have a blessed weekend!
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment