Friday, September 20, 2013

W & N







Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Isaiah 58:10-12
If you are generous with the hungry
and start giving yourselves to the down-and-out,
Your lives will begin to glow in the darkness,
your shadowed lives will be bathed in sunlight.
I will always show you where to go.
I’ll give you a full life in the emptiest of places—
firm muscles, strong bones.
You’ll be like a well-watered garden,
a gurgling spring that never runs dry.
You’ll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew,
rebuild the foundations from out of your past.
You’ll be known as those who can fix anything,
restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate,
make the community livable again.
It is remarkable when the WORD of GOD comes to life and it even more remarkable when it wanders unexpectedly into the little house you call the ministry. But yesterday was such a day.
I was simply sitting at my desk clearing up a little past paperwork, waiting for the next appointment and “they” wander in. Their hands are full. Paper products, cleaning supplies, a mop and who knows what else. At first I was confused. There was no bulletin sent out expressing need. It wasn’t Tuesday, because I usually see “them” on Tuesdays. “What GIVES?”, I wondered.
Then it hit me. “THEY GIVE”. The funny part is they are always some of the first to give.
Need someone in the kitchen? THEY GIVE.
Need a little lunch for the Jeremiah Tree homeless and struggling? THEY GIVE.
And now I guess they are in the cleaning supply “giving” business too.
W & N (that is “them”) never cease to bless my heart and show me Christ. “They” were merely dropping a few supplies because they “sensed” the JEREMIAH TREE could use them. What is more astonishing is that after they left me, they were heading 90 minutes up the road to minister to family members struggling with the impact of cancer.
Who does that?
W & N do. Givers do.
These two are GIVERS; right down to the root. No lists needed. Put your requests, campaigns and pleas aside. They give because GOD inspires them to give. That is that “sense”thing I am talking about. That is the Jesus in them.
Luke 6:38
…give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.
I want to offer to each of us today the inspiration of W & N, the truth of Isaiah and Luke to encourage each of us to be GIVERS! GOD honors it and blessings result! Trust me. I just watched it live and in person yesterday.
I was the one blessed!
Thanks W & N.
You are a dear and sweet blessing in my life and so many others. Thanks for making MY COMMUNITY more LIVABLE and vibrant! Thanks for continuing to listen and respond to GOD!
Proverbs 11:24-25
The world of the generous gets larger and larger;
the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.
The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed;
those who help others are helped.
Have a blessed weekend!
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment