Thursday, September 5, 2013

CREEPY NEGATIVITY


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Negativity is a “creeper”.
It often is most subtle in its approach. Instead of hitting us all at once, it creeps into our days with things like disappointment or loss. It takes the shape of missed expectation or travels via miscommunication. And when it creeps in, it can drain the life out of what was seemingly a “good” day or a positive run. And if you let it hang around long enough, it will do its best to creep into your thoughts.
If you let it take root in there watch out! It won't be long before your actions and even your days fall prey to its “downer power”.
I will admit something today.
There are some times when “I don’t dig my gig”; times when negativitycreeps on me.
Now before you go too far, I love what I do, I love the people I work with, I love what GOD grants me each and every day; the front row seat to many miracles. But I will admit it. Some days the relapses (my own included), the disappointments, the betrayals, the missed appointments, and the “mis-truths”take their toll and old NEGATIVITY starts creeping.
And I am sure I am not alone.
Therefore what are we ALL to do when this creepy negativity tries to ruin our mood or derail our day?
REMEMBER a few things…
REMEMBER that in spite of the negative influences in our lives (internal or external) God still “has got it” and if GOD has it, then there is no negative in it!
Psalm 103:19
The Lord set his throne up in heaven, and He rules over everything!
REMEMBER that while things and circumstances can sometime suck the positive right out of our psyche, HOPE and FUTURE promise are still ours no matter what.
Jeremiah 29:11
…I know the plans that I have for you.” This message is from the Lord. “I have good plans for you. I don’t plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future.
Lastly REMEMBER that while negativity may creep at the doorstep of our mind and thoughts, we still have the power to push him to the street with the positive truth of GOD! So instead of focusing on those negatives, instead of marinating on the morose and muddy, GOD tells us to ponder the positive; to THINK about those things that bring life and encouragement and send negativity packing.
Philippians 4:8
Finally…whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
When we REMEMBER those little POSITIVES; old creepy negativity doesn't stand a chance...
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment