Wednesday, September 10, 2014

GETTING PAST

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.”  ― Joel Osteen
 
Dealing with a BIG disappointment?
Feel completely overwhelmed by the “issue” or the “issues”?
Seeking relief?  Seeking hope?  Seeking a way?
 
Joel is right.  We must find a way to move on.  Whatever it is, it won’t get the best of you!
GOD is right there to help.
 
Isaiah 41:9-10 (MSG)
I haven’t dropped you...
Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.
 
Yesterday a man in his late forties wandered in to my office very drunk and deeply depressed.  As we talked about treatment and “possibilities” it was clearly evident that he had turned to alcohol as a way to deal with a painful and unresolved relationship with his dad.  He described his dad as a CONTROLLING tyrant.  He harbored deep animosity for what he believed his dad had seemingly robbed him of.  He shared stories of being a child and how his dad ruined every day for him.  He talked of being unable to have relationships or develop socially because of his dad’s control.  He also let me know that his dad had been gone since 2012 and he was still cussing at him in his alone times.

I felt so badly for him to be held in such bondage for so long. This man could not get past what he couldn’t get over. 
 
So instead of taking Joel’s advice, instead of believing that GOD had him and the future was full of possibilities, he had instead chosen to allow his PAST to dictate his present and to cripple the prospects of his future.  He was choosing to DROWN the pain as opposed to trusting GOD to help him press through it as promised!
 
1 Corinthians 10:13
…you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it.
 
Many of us like my new friend suffer from deep discouragements, past pains and hurts that seek to continue to hamstring and hurt us.  Maybe not to his extent but we all have things that continue to stew in our psyche or hurts that won’t seem to fully heal.
 
GOD wants to help!  And the TRUTH is you can get past whatever you can’t get seem to get over by learning how to EMBRACE GOD’S PROMISED NEW REALITIES!  
 
Realize that God’s work in your life will never be finished until you see HIM FACE TO FACE and you can rely on GOD in this unfinished state, on HIS power working through you!
 
Something new is on the horizon!  Right David M.?
TRUST HIM.  Let HIM lead you!
 
Isaiah 43:19(TLB)
 
…I’m going to do a brand-new thing. See, I have already begun! Don’t you see it? I will make a road through the wilderness
 
Can you all pray for my new friend that he will begin to see “the new road” in his wilderness?

 
I love you all…
Freedom Church
 
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment