Friday, September 26, 2014

WHINING TO WOW

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run." ― Babe Ruth

Feeling defeated?
Life producing lots of lemons and you can't seem to find the sugar and water yet to make lemonade?
Take heart.
Don't cash out.
Don't give in.
Don't allow the enemy to deceive you into thinking that you are done or there is no "light at the end of the tunnel". 
Nothing could be farther from the truth.
Failures come.
But the important part is that FAILURES also GO.
"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."
― F. Scott Fitzgerald

The next pitch is going to be served up.  Another chance for success is just around the corner.  New opportunities for change and possibilities are on the horizon.
The key is to keep striving toward them.
The key is to never quit trying; to never lose heart.
GOD will HONOR  and fuel your perseverance!
2 Timothy 2:12 (NLV)
If we suffer and stay true to Him, then we will be a leader with Him.

I will be honest with all of you this morning.
I have wanted to throw in the towel this week.  Too many problems.  Not enough resources.  The plate is too full and my energy is waning.
But GOD reminded me when He woke me up this morning that HE WOKE ME UP THIS MORNING. Therefore I must take that as a charge to "keep striving, to keep progressing, to keep going".  
I must remain true to the calling in spite of my own fleshly failings and my own propensity to WHINE a little too much. 

As Tom Hanks so memorably coined in "A League of Their Own", "there is no crying in baseball", and there is no whining in ministry.
GOD doesn't enlist whiners.  He enlists warriors.
And the good news is HE doesn't leave us under-equipped.  Instead of GIVING up He says GIVE IT OVER.
2 Corinthians 12:9
Each time he (GOD) said.I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people.
Well that is me. 
I could be the leader of the weak brigade!

But maybe I am speaking to you today.  Maybe you are punch-drunk from ALL you are facing right now.  Maybe you have been "whining" a little as well.
Well in the immortal words of Jenn Biel, Crazed Zumba Instructor, we need to.
"Suck it up, buttercup". 
There is no room for whining!

GOD'S power is coursing through our veins.  His resolve is OUR resolve. His WISDOM is ready to take over and begin to solve the problems.  So don't give in. 
Instead GIVE IT OVER.
Then watch out!
You will go from WHINING to WOW in no time!

.No matter what you go through in life, no matter how many disappointments you suffer, your value in God's eyes always remains the same. You will always be the apple of His eye. He will never give up on you, so don't give up on yourself." ― Joel Osteen
 
Have a blessed weekend!
I love you all
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment