Friday, September 19, 2014

GIVE IN TO GOD



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Job 22:21-22 (MSG)
Give in to God, come to terms with him and everything will turn out just fine. Let him tell you what to do; take his words to heart. Come back to God Almighty and he’ll rebuild your life.

Feel like you are treading water?
Worse yet like things are slipping away; falling apart?
Tired? Punch drunk?
Culture says WORK HARDER.
Culture says more ELBOW GREASE.
Culture says hunker down or “get a grip”.
Yet GOD over and over again says instead, “give in”
GOD says surrender. GOD says lay it down. Let Him do the work. Let Him show the way.
James 4:10 (ESV)
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.
Proverbs 23:26 (ESV)
My son (daughter), give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways.

Seems counter-intuitive doesn’t it?

But it is my message today!
Tonight I am a very small part of something called “Hope over Heroin.”  Our message is simple.  For those consumed in addiction and all of its trappings, there is HOPE!  It is named Jesus.  It is available.

Yet I know I will get this question over and over again.
“What do I have to do?”

And the answer will be a simple one.
“Give in to GOD”.
“Give HIM your heart”.
“Accept His way for your way”.  He WILL rebuild your life!

That will be hard for the deeply addicted to accept.  Our culture and everything around them says they have to “earn” their pass to FREEDOM. Culture will tell them that they are too far GONE for Jesus.
Yet the TRUTH is crystal clear today.

Give in. Give up. Let GOD. Be humble. And let HIM work.
I pray those we encounter tonight will allow this simple yet supernatural truth to be the REAL serum they have been searching for!

I know many of you reading this DISPATCH this morning have battled addictions of your own.  Many of you continue to. Others have never known or experienced the challenged being faced by those who will populate the Montgomery County Fairgrounds tonight.
But the MESSAGE is universal today.
Struggling with life?  God says, "Give it to me."
Broken down? God says, "Lift your eyes to me." 
Exhausted? Overwhelmed? God says, "Allow ME to change things and re-invigorate you!"
Matthew 11:28 (MSG)
…tired? Worn out?...Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace…Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live FREELY and lightly.
 
Have a blessed weekend!
I love you all
Freedom Church
 
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment