Tuesday, September 23, 2014

HE HOLDS THE FUTURE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
“…because I know who holds the FUTURE and life is worth the living just because HE LIVES.” Bill Gaither.
 
The last 24-36 hours haven’t been to “great” to say the least.  Lots of frustration.
Struggling with selfishness.
I even missed a DISPATCH.  That is rare for me.
 
Then to top it off I had my little ailment that surfaces from time to time decide to resurface and steal all my sleep and cause about 24 solid hours of severe discomfort between Sunday and today.
 
But now this morning I realize it was all to “wake me up”. For you see while I was trying to have a little pity party and had decided to wander into a little time of “woe is me”, GOD woke me up and put me back to work and off the "woe".
 
He reminded me to “be still”. Psalms 46
He reminded me that HE holds the future. (Thanks Darris for going "old school")
He reminded me that HIS grace is sufficient. 2 Corinthians 12
He reminded me that I better get back to trusting His handle on things and His provision for things. Proverbs 3, Philippians 4.
 
And how did He do that?
By “addition” not subtraction.

While I was “feeling overwhelmed” and seeking relief, GOD sent a mom who was reeling from circumstances beyond her control.
God had a homeless family of 5 walk up our street and into our church with all of their belongings in tow and no food in their belly.
God sent another family of 6 with no prospects needing a way to Kentucky for a new start.
Then GOD blew my phone up with a family of 7 from Philadelphia with no prospects.
Not to mention a man who was living in the woods with no ID, no family and no options.

And that is not the half of it.

In fact GOD sent me and my team the single largest number of issues we have ever faced in one day at Freedom Church or the JEREMIAH TREE and He decided to send them while my stomach was in knots.
 
Why?
To remind me that I NEEDED HIM more than ever.
 
You catch that?
TO REMIND “Mr. Fixit”, “the 'GO TO' PASTOR Greg” that maybe I am TOO BIG for my BRITCHES and that I better get back to TRUSTING HIM with all of this HEAVY LIFTING rather than myself.
 
So my friends I am confessing to you today that I NEED GOD more today than ever.  I am confessing that today is BEYOND my capabilities. I am confessing I need help.
I need HIM.

It is time to TRUST.
Philippians 4:6 (TLB)
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers.
 
For today looks like it will be another “overwhelming” one.
The budget freeze is still there.  No additional support is in sight.
The bill keeps growing at our homeless alternatives.  It will again today.
The homeless and hurting keep coming and the needs keep increasing.

But it is not time to worry. Why?
 
“I KNOW” who holds the FUTURE and I am going to TRUST HIM.
Psalm 9:9-10 (LB)
All who are oppressed may come to him. He is a refuge for them in their times of trouble. All those who know your mercy, Lord, will count on you for help. For you have never yet forsaken those who trust in you.
 
How about you today?
 
I love you all…
Freedom Church
 

No comments:

Post a Comment