Friday, January 31, 2014

33 of THEM

Have you thanked Him?


Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Today’s DISPATCH is a going to be little different. So hang with me a little.

I just wanted to pause and show GOD a little gratitude from the keyboard this morning.

Today, January 31st is my wife Beth’s birthday.

I now have shared in 33 of these with her.

Crazy huh? I know neither one of us look a day over 33 so I must have met her in the hospital nursery right?

But today, instead of breakfast in bed for her or a little gift by her bedside, I am forced to wait until later tonight to even give her a birthday kiss. Why?

Beth isn’t here with me this morning as I write.

Instead she is waking up on this birthday at the bedside of her dearest friend, her “wife”Dawn who is in a hospital in Columbus recovering from the first round of some brutal cancer treatment.

(I pause for a second and ask that all of you please continue to life Dawn and her family up in prayer. More treatments are on the horizon. Pray for healing and deliverance from the awful disease.)

But back to Beth and I will keep it brief.

Since I couldn’t tell her in person today, I thought I would let all of you know just how grateful I am for her.

She is my inspiration!

And why? It is her "overcomer's" spirit and her servant’s heart.

1 Corinthians 15:58

…Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your work in the Lord is never wasted.

Now before you begin to roll your eyes or get queasy from the accolades, I share what Beth is doing not to glorify her.

But rather GOD.

She is not about personal recognition or attention. Never has been, never will be.

In fact this DISPATCH will make her queasy. I share this little recent act of sacrifice and selflessness because it inspired me and perhaps will inspire you.

Beth was built for what she does.

Be it at the bedside of a cancer patient these last 25+ years, in a room with a family who has a loved one departing, embracing the role of mother with the kids or standing by a damaged husband battling addiction, Beth heart beats to a simple purpose.

Serving Jesus. Helping others.

She learned a long time ago that life isn’t about her. It is about this...

Luke 10:27

The man said, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart. You must love Him with all your soul. You must love Him with all your strength. You must love Him with all your mind. You must love your neighbor as you love yourself.

And every day she goes about that business with an intense spirit and a heart of love putting others before herself; embodying this passage with aplomb!

Philippians 2:4

Get beyond yourselves and protecting your own interests; be sincere, and secure your neighbors’ interests first.

And she encourages me to do the same.

She keeps me even keeled and energized. I am a blessed man to have her! I just needed to tell someone! So you are the lucky audience today!

So I thank you for indulging me just for a second to let all of you know just how much I love the lady GOD has placed me in covenant on this her "40 something" birthday. She is a treasure and a true picture of Christ. I pray her selflessness today will encourage you to live likewise.

It has me.

Happy Birthday Beth.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Have a blessed weekend all…

I love you all!

Freedom Church


Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment