Monday, January 27, 2014

GOD AND CIRCUMSTANCE


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Yesterday our WORSHIP Pastor Anna made one of those “inspired” comments. She never ceases to surprise and delight me.
She said (and I am paraphrasing a little), “GOD is not impacted by our circumstances, rather GOD impacts all our circumstances.”
That is good.
I mean really good.
I almost broke the cardinal rule and texted it to myself from the choir risers so I wouldn’t forget it.
She is right!
How many times do we look at the challenges that we are facing and think there is no way out or worse yet that GOD isn’t engaged or paying attention?
Too many I am afraid.
But Anna is right on the money.
Nothing, I mean nothing escapes GOD’s attention.
Proverbs 5:21
For God is closely watching you, and he weighs carefully everything you do.
And without question, NO circumstance is beyond GOD’s capacity to turn it around, turn it on its ear, change it mid-stream or overcome it entirely!
John 16:33
…you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
We should BELIEVE that GOD is not the least bit rivaled, staggered or impressed with our circumstances. So we can take heart! He can and does overcome!
So I ask you. What are you up against today?
Illness?
Unexpected changes at work?
A layoff?
Maybe you are like the several I am to meet with later today saddled with homelessness, low on hope, options and possibilities.
We all need to listen to ANNA!
The circumstances while seemingly dire and bleak are no match for this incomparable truth of GOD!
Luke 1:37
…nothing will be impossible with God.
So stare those circumstances dead in the eye. Offer them over to a GOD who is anything but disinterested or surprised. Trust His wisdom, trust His provision, and trust His power!
GOD is ready for anything!
Isaiah 43:13
God’s Decree. “Yes, I am God. I’ve always been God and I always will be God. No one can take anything from me. I make; who can unmake it?"
Exactly!
2 Corinthians 9:9
As one psalmist puts it, He throws caution to the winds, giving to the needy in reckless abandon. His right-living, right-giving ways never run out, never wear out.
Believe it!
Have a blessed day…
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment