Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Let HIM Lead


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Remember playing follow the leader in school? How many of you consistently pushed your way to the front of the line to be the leader?
Come on. All of you “alpha-dogs” need to fess up. You wanted to be first, you wanted to carry the leader flag! You liked the idea of everyone else taking their cues from you and being behind you as much as you did the leading didn't you?
But let’s all be honest for a second, we all like that feeling of being in control; of calling the shots sometimes don’t we?
Yet most times I believe we are better equipped to follow rather than lead. At least I am learning that more and more each day.
Far too many times I encounter situations and circumstances that I have no business trying to lead to a conclusion or a solution. Either I lack experience or worse yet adequate wisdom for success. It is in those situations that I must be willing to follow and who better to follow than the LORD? Time after time if instead of grabbing the leader flag and moving to the head of the line I would pause and see where GOD wanted to go with the situation, the direction He wanted to take, the better off I would be.
How much better all of us would be!
“God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe.” ― Jeffrey R. Holland
And He can’t if we don’t let Him lead either.
It is quite remarkable that when we are willing to step back from the challenge, the circumstance or the trial, when we are open to letting GOD lead, how consistently faithful He is to open those doors and take that lead!
Psalm 37:23
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
I believe GOD loves it when we call on Him for direction and help. Over and over again He encourages it. Over and over again He tells us not to hesitate but come unashamed!
Hebrews 4:15-16
…We don’t have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He’s been through weakness and testing, experienced it all—all but the sin. So let’s walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the HELP.
And more and more as I face my own challenges or wade into those faced by others seeking my help, I am learning that following is most certainly the WAY TO GO; that asking for help makes infinitely more sense!
So I ask you:
Do you have a challenge looming today?
How about a conflict or relational roadblock that is hindering your progress?
Maybe a question that seems to have no real good answer.
Perhaps it is time to hand over that little leader flag to GOD and let Him head up the effort! I am sure He knows which way to go, what to do next and I know He has the answers!
Let Him lead!
Psalm 32:8
I will teach you and tell you the way to go and how to get there; I will give you good counsel, and I will watch over you.
Have a blessed day…
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment