Friday, January 24, 2014

THAT WORD


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
At times, things can get…well…overwhelming.
A good friend started cancer treatment yesterday. Another will on Wednesday. Family after family in deep need paraded through the TREE and our well of benevolence is starting to spit a little dust.
Fatigued is a good word to describe how I was feeling.
Probably“listened” for 9 hours yesterday; probably talked for another 6. My brain got a little...fatigued.
And was all the counsel “good”?
Hard to say.
Did I have moments when I failed to meet the mark?
For sure!
I think they wrote that song “Momma said there would be days like this…” on a January 23rd some year ago.
It was a long one.
Yet I am sure I am not alone when it comes to a tough day or two of late. All of you have them too. Maybe not yesterday, but I know you could easily tell me when. Days when the stark reality of life and all of its “stuff” is front and center and make some of those bright expectations for 2014 seem awfully distant in the rear view mirror. That kind of day.
Truth is it would be easy to let days like that discourage us if it wasn’t for the amazing truth and power of the WORD!
WORD like...
2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
That WORD!
So while yesterday did it’s best to upend me and even though I likely had a hand or two in its frustrations and issues with some less than stellar behavior and thinking, it is good to know that this WORD, those words, are as fresh and POWERFUL as the day they were penned and are exactly what you and I need to carry us through this day, TODAY. They help to erase the sin of yesterday and open a door of hope for what is on the slate for today.
So I say let's bid a hearty goodbye to yesterday. I am up and ready for the promise of today! I am…
Romans 8:16-17
…adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike “What’s next, Papa?” … If we go through the hard times with him, then we’re certainly going to go through the good times with him!
I am believing all of it!
Wanna join me? (How bout you Bri?)
Have a blessed weekend
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment