Thursday, August 27, 2015

BODY PARTS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
Romans 12:4-6 (MSG)
…we are like the various parts of a human body. Each part gets its meaning from the body as a whole, not the other way around. The body we’re talking about is Christ’s body of chosen people. Each of us finds our meaning and function as a part of his body. But as a chopped-off finger or cut-off toe we wouldn’t amount to much, would we? So since we find ourselves fashioned into all these excellently formed and marvelously functioning parts in Christ’s body, let’s just go ahead and be what we were made to be, without enviously or pridefully comparing ourselves with each other, or trying to be something we aren’t.
 
I have this new “title” these days.  While I have not given up the PASTOR, I added “collaborator” to the line. 
I love collaboration.
I love seeing how GOD inspires others to see needs, to engage their gifts, to lead others, and to affect change.  What I love more is when we put all of those gifts together for the GLORY of GOD and the positive change of lives!
 
PAUL pushes us to APPRECIATE the uniqueness of one another while HUMBLY seeking ways to interconnect; making it about CHRIST ultimately and not our individual abilities or ministries.
 
You my friends are a part of that potential marvelously functioning BODY of CHRIST.  You were CHOSEN no less!
 
What role do you feel called to play?
Some are great prayer warriors.
Some have amazing minds for details and organization.
Some are gifted at encouragement and others worship.
The list goes on and on!
And at the end of the day it is all of that functioning together; that TEAM, that can and will elevate the name of CHRIST to the world around us!
What a TEAM that is!
 
I am reminded of Norman Dales admonishment to a drunken “Shooter” in his bed at the hospital in the movie Hoosiers.  “with all the pistons firing…we are going to be a tough team to beat!”
AMEN! 
The question is do you believe that?

Yesterday I had an amazing conversation with a woman passionate about helping teens find traction in life as they approach 18.  Across the table was an amazing teacher equally passionate about educating kids on the dangers of alcohol and substance abuse.  Another was crafting a plan to empower parents.
And there I was, my rather rusty pistons doing their best impersonation of firing, trying to figure out the best way to get them all collaborating for those kids, CHRIST and the KINGDOM.
 
I believe that is what I am to do for "THE TEAM"; the BODY!

That brings me to the thought for today.
Is it time to get to thinking about your role in the Body? 
You are IMPORTANT!
You are EXCELLENTLY FORMED!
Psalm 139:14-16 (ICB)
…you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well.
You saw my bones being formed as I took shape in my mother’s body. When I was put together there, you saw my body as it was formed. All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old.
 GOD has crafted you for PURPOSE!

You are GOOD!  Amazing! Formed for something WONDERFUL! GOD did that!
Is it time to put that to work for GOD's GLORY?
 
Ask GOD to show you what that is.
Follow that passion and calling on your life.
Take your place on the TEAM!
Embrace your role in the body!
 
“The Body of Christ is the living temple of God and of the new humanity.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
 
 
I love you ALL!
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment