Friday, August 14, 2015

RELIABLE GOD

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Well here we have arrived at FRIDAY and today’s DISPATCH is a reminder to rely. 

It has been a busy week.
And I have found myself “relying” on a lot of things.

Yesterday, I trusted my VERIZON phone to find the Panera for the morning meeting and to get me to the rest of the day’s events. I trusted my truck, my technology and my dear friend Bekah to help make an important presentation.  I relied on my bank to properly allocate my funds so I could purchase a few refreshments for our guests and future CHAMPIONS PROGRAM team.

I even relied on a little Tylenol to relieve a nagging pain my hands and sadly a little “diet Mt. Dew” to get me over the hump during a long day.

The point today as you can tell is a SIMPLE ONE!

If I am going to rely on all of these man-made things without a second thought, why do I struggle from time to time to FULLY rely on the most RELIABLE of sources?

GOD?

How do I without a second thought rely on things like trucks and satellites and find myself anxious about other things over which GOD clearly presides?

I need to remember to RELY on GOD always and for everything. Period.

Jeremiah 17:9 (ESV)
Blessed is the man/woman who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He/She is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious…

Like I said. The message is SIMPLE today.

“God never asked us to meet life's pressures and demands on our own terms or by relying upon our own strength.” – Charles Swindoll

So let’s not.

Start today this way…

“GOD, I will first rely on you for this day; it’s events, it’s provision, it’s protection and it’s results are in YOUR PERFECT hands.  You know exactly what I need for today, I trust you above all others."

Remember He has our best interests at heart!
Remember He is our provider and protection!
Remember He created all things and is in all things!
Remember He is perfectly reliable!

Therefore:
…on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust… Psalm 56:4

…Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times... Psalm 62:8

For me that removes the pending pressure of what looks to be a 16 hour day in some pretty intense environments, Hope Over Heroin being one of them.

I am going to RELY on GOD for all of the “things” that have to come together today and all of the logistics.  And at the END of it, I pray I will acknowledge again HIS wonderfully reliability.  If you see me later, ask me if I did!

How about you?  Who or what are you relying on?

“God has given to His works His own character of emeth; they are watertight, faithful, reliable, not at all vague or phantasmal.” ― C.S. Lewis

LET'S RELY ON HIM!

I love you all…
Have a great weekend.
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment