Friday, August 28, 2015

"JUST A LITTLE MORE JESUS"

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
Since my friend Darris has been sharing his amazing gift of worship at Cornerstone Church in San Antonio (www.sacornerstone.org), I have been keeping a little closer watch on what is happening there via social media and such.
 
I have been getting PASTOR JOHN HAGEE'S Pastoral blessing and prayer for the day in my email inbox for years, but I have been astonished by how GOD is using Darris.  It is amazing! 
And Pastor Matthew Hagee, John’s son is part of a southern gospel quartet called CANTON JUNCTION. (https://www.facebook.com/CantonJunctionMusic)
 
Tim Duncan the BASS singer for that group was with another of my favorites for quite a while, Ernie Haas and Signature Sound.
 
And for those of you who know me and have been reading this little blog for a while know I grew up in a southern gospel home and used to do a little singing too.  And while those singing and traveling days are long gone, I do still love the genre.  It kind of gets into your DNA.
 
So with Darris being in Texas working for Hagee and Tim Duncan, Ernie’s old bass carrying the low lines like only he can, I grabbed a copy of Canton Junction’s new release “EVERY HALLELUJAH”.  The title song is great; worth a download for sure.  It is a great PRAISE track. 
 
But there is a little old fashioned “BASS HEAVY” track on the record called:
“I NEED JUST A LITTLE MORE JESUS”.
Now after GOOGLING it this morning, it looks like several folks have covered the song including Michael English on his recent release worship CD.
 
But in spite of who sings it or the style it is shared, I thought the lyric provided some GOOD instruction and remedy for those days when we get a little out of alignment or the when they go a little south.  It is during those days and times we could use just a little more JESUS, AMEN?
 
I need just a little more Jesus
I need just a little more Jesus
I need just a little more Jesus
I need just a little more Jesus
Hey I need just a little more Jesus
I need just a little more Jesus
To help me along my way
 
I got too mad and I said too much
Went too far and I almost cussed
No my mama didn't raise me that way
Lord I need a little help today
 
I way too sad and I'm crying too long
I can't keep saying everything is wrong
Yes my life seems way too hard
But ain't nothin' too hard for God
 
I need just a little more Jesus
To help me along my way
 
Problems at work, problems at home
Won't everybody just leave me alone?
I can't fix you cause I'm trying to fix me
I'm trying to find help so I'm on my knees
 
Gotta ache right here, pain right there
Not enough power needed way more prayer
Seems like it's so hard to pray
Guess that's why I lost my way
 
I need just a little more JESUS
To help me along my way
 
Is that you today?
Could you use a little more JESUS?
 
Then:
…think the way Christ Jesus thought.
He was like God in every way...He accepted the role of a servant, appearing in human form. During his life as a man, he humbled himself by being FULLY OBEDIENT to God (Philippians 2:5-8 ERV)
 
Just that “little more JESUS” will help you along the way today!
 
 
I love you ALL!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)

No comments:

Post a Comment