Thursday, August 13, 2015

COMFORT ZONES

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“Here's a scary thought: What if God called you to live beyond your comfort level? Would you be afraid? Would you try to explain it away or dismiss it as impractical? And in the process, would you miss out on a harvest opportunity for which God had explicitly prospered you in the first place?” ― Andy Stanley, Fields Of Gold

I have been sitting smack dab right in the middle of that little “field of gold” of late.  Are you?

One of my best friends to ever walk the planet with me called me the other day and I sensed from him that he TOO was being called out of his comfort level.  It was happening to him on MANY levels.  New expectations. New baby. 
He was "uncomfortable."

Tonight my new buddy Bekah and I stride into some uncharted waters. We are going to share a vision.  We are being called to inspire others to action.  
We are being pressed to clarify and educate.
Why is that uncomfortable?  
Because we are doing it on concepts that are formative; concepts birthed in faith and revelation that now need some exposition.
That makes me a little uncomfortable.

But according to Mr. Stanley, if we don’t venture out both tonight we just might miss what GOD has in store, we just might miss something revelatory or altering.
I sure don’t want to do that…

How about you? Are you settling for the comfort zone?
You realize that your comfort zone can be an enemy of your future, a hindrance to your success or a stumbling block to your destiny. For sometimes if we choose to stay in our comfort zones we will never leave nor surpass our current reality.
“We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.”  Max DePree
 And JESUS Himself reminds us “WHAT we ARE…CHOSEN!”
John 15:16 ESV
I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit.

Peter goes further…
1 Peter 2:9 ESV
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him…

So if our comfort zones aren’t bearing fruit, then guess what?  It is time to leave them.  
If we aren’t bringing GOD glory or claiming the excellencies of Him, then it is time to “get uncomfortable”

But I know what you are saying, I say it too.

“I’m scared.  I’m not qualified.  I will fail.”

But…
“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” ― Neale Donald Walsch

Therefore if we don’t face our fears, they will keep growing.  That is why GOD reminds us to FEAR NOT!

If we don’t face what we perceive to be our inadequacies, they’ll be magnified. So GOD reminds that “Christ is in us” and is the HOPE of GLORY (sounds like FRUIT and EXCELLENCE to me!) (Colossians 1:27)  He says we are the head not the tail (Deuteronomy 28:13), and that doesn’t sound INADEQUATE to me!

If you’re worried you will fail in your new endeavor, you are thinking impossible thoughts instead of believing a all things POSSIBLE GOD! (Philippians 4:13)

So today, I am “preaching” to myself, but something tells me someone else needed encouraging as well!  I pray that if you need to get “uncomfortable”, that you will.

“If we are growing we are always going to be outside our
comfort zone.” ― John C. Maxwell


I love you all.
Have a great day.
FREEDOM CHURCH (CHAMPIONS NETWORK)

Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment