Thursday, June 22, 2017

CARRY YOU

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Just left the hospital this morning. 
Made my way over to a nearby Panera to grab a cup of joe and get the day kickstarted.  It was an early trip to the hospital to pray with a dear friend who is having a valve replacement today.  She is 43.  She is a wonderful and gracious woman, a giver, and very special.  
So please pray for YS.  The doctors say if she makes her way through this challenge, she will be “good as gold”.

But as I reflect on a VERY intense yesterday; a day full of conversations about 3rd spaces and events, a day littered with conversations with concerned family members as well as those dealing with addiction, a day when some of my partners were faced with daunting issues, a day when many called confused, hurting, and trying to find their way, I am grateful for a little truth I shared with one of those friends and into many of those situations just yesterday.

It comes from the lyrics of a song called “He will Carry You”

There is no problem too big
God cannot solve it
There is no mountain too tall
God cannot move it

There is no storm too dark
God cannot calm it
There is no sorrow too deep
He cannot soothe it

Oh, if He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders
I know my brother that He will carry you

Oh, if He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders
I know my sister that He will carry you

What a reassurance!
No problem.
No mountain.
No storm.
No sorrow.

No surgery.
No court appearance.
No addictive challenge.
No measure of challenging co-dependency…
Is TOO MUCH, TOO COMPLICATED, or TOO “ANYTHING” that GOD can’t carry you through it or that GOD won’t carry you through it.

Like I said, what a reassurance.

Embrace the truth of that today.
I don’t know what “your problem” is.  Maybe you are dealing with some significant sorrow.  Maybe there is a storm brewing or raging in your live and circumstance. 

Stay calm.

KNOW my brothers, KNOW my sisters that GOD is not overwhelmed or intimidated by your circumstances and HE IS MOST ABLE to carry you!
Isaiah 46:4 (MSG)
(GOD SAYS) - Listen to me…
I’ve been carrying you on my back from the day you were born,
And I’ll keep on carrying you when you’re old. I’ll be there, bearing you when you’re old and gray.  I’ve done it and will keep on doing it,
carrying you…


Have a blessed DAY!
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment