Thursday, June 15, 2017

SURROUND

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Yesterday was one of those “proud papa” kind of days.  I was blessed to sit in on a briefing to some Pastors from Wilmington and Clinton County Ohio regarding THE NEST.

This is the amazing work of some dear partners, dear friends.

And they have been blessed in the last couple of weeks with a “place”. For after literally months of prayer and seeking the will of GOD, GOD has systematically orchestrated relationships, opened doors of provision and providence and what was just a dream or a vision of “what could be” inspired by the needs of others, was now a reality with an address, a front door and back yard to boot.

So as Allison, the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, shared the VISION and the plan for the future with these Pastors she directed them back to a Psalm of David’s that serves as powerful pillar for this work.

Psalm 142 (MSG)
1-2 I cry out loudly to God,
    loudly I plead with God for mercy.
I spill out all my complaints before him,
    and spell out my troubles in detail:
3-7 “As I sink in despair, my spirit ebbing away,
    you know how I’m feeling,
Know the danger I’m in,
    the traps hidden in my path.
Look right, look left—
    there’s not a soul who cares what happens!
I’m up against it, with no exit—
    bereft, left alone.
I cry out, God, call out:
    ‘You’re my last chance, my only hope for life!’
Oh listen, please listen;
    I’ve never been this low.
Rescue me from those who are hunting me down;
    I’m no match for them.
Get me out of this dungeon
    so I can thank you in public.
Your people will form a circle around me
    and you’ll bring me showers of blessing!”

For it was an incarcerated young lady who had been ministered to by the core team of the NEST who said that this verse summed up her life, her journey and that she now FELT CIRCLED, surrounded by the LOVE of the FATHER and the LOVE of others; those who have embraced the vision of the NEST.

For THE NEST is resolved to offer CIRCLES of protection, provision, direction, comfort, accountability and blessing for the women who walk through the front door; they are resolved to surrounding those who GOD sends them to serve with showers of blessing.

It is a beautiful vision.
Now it is a beautiful reality.

And yet I was moved to share it today because many of us have had moments when we have felt or feel like David.   
Needing rescued. 
Overwhelmed.
In despair. 
Wasting away. 
And yet we like DAVID can TRUST the FATHER to rescue, to surround us with HIS LOVE. 
Isaiah 12:2 (ERV)
God is the one who saves me. I trust him…

Therefore, today I ask that you lift my NEST friends in prayer as they become rescuers to the trafficked, addicted, and traumatized.  Pray for them as they surround in the name of Jesus those who need a circle of love and hope.

And today if you are the one who could use some surrounding, a circle of hope and help, trust that GOD in your moment of great distress is faithful to be the one send those to save you too.  
Don’t fear. Trust. 
Your surrounding CIRCLE is on the way.


Have a blessed day.
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment