Friday, June 9, 2017

READY FOR A WALK?

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

I’ll keep coming closer and closer to you, Lord…
For your name is good to me. – From Psalm 78:23 (PT)

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. James 4:8 (ESV)

Remember the old standard?

I am weak but Thou art strong
Jesus keep me from all wrong
I'll be satisfied as long as I walk
Dear Lord, close to Thee.
Just a closer walk with Thee
Grant it Jesus, is my plea
Daily walkin' close to Thee
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toils and snares
If I falter Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.
Just a closer walk with Thee
Grant it Jesus, is my plea
Daily walkin' close to Thee
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPmJemdLGf8


How’s your closeness today?
Go back and read those little passages from the beginning of the OFH again.

When we draw near, when we WALK CLOSER, GOD draws near, He closes the gap. And as the PSALMIST reminds when we do, GOD’S NAME, not to mention His grace, His mercy, His love, His compassion, His patience, His wisdom, I could go on, ARE GOOD FOR US.

Remember the old ad campaign "MILK does a body good"?  Well NEARNESS and CLOSENESS to the FATHER, intentional CLOSENESS, does a mind, body and most notably a SPIRIT good.

It is our choice.
GOD is eager to nuzzle up, to walk in depth and closeness with each of us today.  And the closer we choose to connect and walk, the better.  Remember what it’s like apart from Him.
…apart from me you can do nothing – John 15:15 (NIV)

So, today’s little encouragement is plain as day.
Get closer to Him right off the jump.

When you are done reading here, get away, invite Him into the day.  What is out in front of you I am confident is bigger than you, more complex than you would care to admit and face it, without Him you are at a decided disadvantage.

So, draw near.
Get close.
Remembering... 
“Whether or not you choose to keep your covenant to always remember Him, He always remembers you.” – Eyring

And He, our Lord, is always ready to go for a walk.


Have a BLESSED day!
I love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment