Thursday, June 8, 2017

TOO BLESSED TO STRESS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Burdens. Weights. Pressure. Pace. Taxed?

What kind of mental images do those words stir up?
They paint the picture of someone struggling to stay upright under a heavy load or someone frantically trying to “keep up” don’t they?

Truth is many of us ARE flat-out STRESSED.
Just ask my newly hooded Dr. Delaney.  The decoration of Dr. is nice, but the journey has been a stress-filled tsunami for sure.

And Dr. D is not alone.
All of us struggle from time to time with stress.
Work can be stressful.
Home can be stressful.
Relationships can be stressful.
Even doing the right thing can be stressful.

Yet I got a good buddy Bryce who when you ask him how he is doing, he almost always says, “Too blessed to be stressed, man!”
He is right.
We are.

Why? 
Because we have a Savior who is willing to usurp our stress.  
All we must do is take Him at His Word.

And usually the WORD we reach for is that from Matthew 11:28, the “my burden is easy” passage.  But I unearthed this little tidbit from the Passion Translation folks this week that I thought plugged in nicely.

From Jesus:

Today I will bring you a new understanding of My peace. I see the tension in your heart, the pressure around you and the pain within you. I will lighten your load as you rest in Me. The load you carry I will carry for you. Give me the pressures you feel to perform, to meet the expectations of others.

Give them all to Me.

When I see you, I see the perfections of grace. I see what My power and love has accomplished in your life. You see what lacks, but I see My Spirit living within you and flooding you with life.

The fruit of My Spirit is formed in you as you rest and trust in Me.

My life in you is the source of your peace. There is no striving when My life conquers your soul. The emotions of your heart become gateways for My life to pour forth. Let your heart rest this day in the assurance of MY LOVE.  All that delights Me, I see in you.

All the expectations you have placed upon yourself, place upon Me. I will fulfill every longing and every expectation of your heart. I will lighten your load as you lay down your burdens at My feet. You will find that I cherish the surrender of your life more than any other sacrifice.

The kiss of mercy will strengthen you to move forward and advance in My ways. Learn of Me and live in union with Me and you will find rest for your soul.

Matthew 11:28-30 The Passion Translation
"So everyone, come to me! Are you weary, carrying a heavy burden? Then come to me. And I will refresh your life, for I am your oasis. Simply join your life with mine. Learn my ways and you’ll discover that I’m gentle, humble, easy to please. You will find refreshment and rest in me. For all that I require of you will be pleasant and easy to bear.”

That is good, isn’t it?
We ARE too blessed for stress!

But, don’t just read it.  Embrace it.
"Slow down. Take a deep breath. What's the hurry? Why wear yourself out? Just what are you after anyway? Jeremiah 2:25 (MSG)
“Let your heart rest this day in the assurance of My love.”

AND STRESS a little LESS.

If there be anything that can render the soul calm, dissipate its scruples, and dispel its fears, sweeten its sufferings by the anointing of love, impart strength to all its actions, and spread abroad the joy of the Holy Spirit in its countenance and words, it is this simple and childlike repose in the arms of God. – Gordon


Have a blessed day.
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment