Monday, June 26, 2017

DWELL DON'T DABBLE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he’ll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life.
James 4:8-9 (MSG)

“Don't dabble where He (GOD) doesn't dwell...”
– Pastor Mark Brooks – June 25, 2017
(from the sermon “THE WATER AWAITS”)

Good counsel today.
Both from James and from Mark.

Unpack it all a little.

Let GOD work HIS WILL in you today!  How does that happen? Well first off, NOT dabbling where GOD doesn’t dwell will surely help in that effort.
in your presence, there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 16:11 (ESV)

Yell a loud NO to the devil. 

That moves things from dabbling to defense.  We know when we “resist” he will flee.  So, a good step to distancing ourselves from the threat of the dabble is to remain in GOD’S presence with our guard up and our resistance strong.
“Your level is above the reach of the devil... Keep it in mind; as long as you are in the light of God, you bind him (the devil) tight!” – Ayivor

Then…
Quit dabbling…
 Remember: little foxes…spoil the vines – Song of Solomon 2:15 (KJV)
 …and purify those thoughts, those desires and your deeds!
 How can a young man (or woman) stay pure?
Only by living in the Word of God
And walking in its truth.
I have longed for You with the passion of my heart;
Don’t let me stray from Your directions!
I find more joy in following what You tell me to do
Than in following all the wealth of the world!
I set my heart on Your precepts
And pay close attention to all Your ways.
My delight is found in all Your laws
And I won’t forget to walk in Your words. – from Psalm 119 (TPT)

Let’s heed that good counsel. 
That should IMPROVE the DWELLING and diminish the DABBLING!

For:

There is nothing I will not conquer when you trust Me and look to Me. I will deal swiftly with every plan of the enemy to defeat you or to slow your advance in My ways. There is nothing hidden from My eyes. I call you to walk with Me in Light and never fear the darkness. Shadows will never harm you, even if you were to walk through the darkest valley of despair I am there.

The brightness of My presence will chase away every shadow and remove every fear. I am your shield. I will protect you from the fiercest foe that rises up against you. – Simmons
(The Passion Translation – “Come Closer to Me”)


Have a blessed day DWELLING today…
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment