Thursday, March 10, 2016

ABOVE IT ALL

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
As followers of Christ we are to CONTINUOUSLY keep seeking things above; to keep our eyes on Him “all the time”.  Not an easy task when life is doing its best to distract us, discourage us, derail us, depress us and defeat us.
But do your best to keep you’re eyes raised!    
Colossians 3:1
…you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is… 
FOR...
That is where the HOPE is.
That is where the PEACE resides.
That is where the COMFORT dwells.
That is where the ANSWERS lie.
That is where the POSSIBILITIES are.
Where “CHRIST is” so resides all of those things.
Not to mention joy and opportunity, understanding and clarity, direction and sense, navigation and nourishment.
 
Last night I was watching a little basketball and thumbing through the last of the emails and texts from the day and an “old” email from a fellow I had encountered when teaching a class in Highland County caught my eye.  His little girl is addicted and was incarcerated.
All I did was let him know that he was in my prayers last night and this was his reply…
 
Pastor:
…She continues to struggle.  She relapsed in jail the evening before her release.  Someone brought a good quantity of drugs into jail on a Friday night and passing them around…When ask why she used with only a few hours until release, she said because it was available.  She couldn't stand watching everyone else using and not doing it herself.  She will be going to prison if she tests positive…I do not honestly know why she hasn't been caught.  Prison is game over with no ability to come home.
 
I STOPPED PRAYING (emphasis mine) because I am not sure what if anything more can be done to help her…” 
 
When I read that I so was broken for my friend, this daddy whose little girl is so confused, so sick and oppressed. He has lost sight of the HOPE that is above.
 
PRAISE GOD that already this morning the Lord has opened TWO hopeful doors for this little girl and for this damaged daddy.  Pray that one or perhaps both bring light to this darkness.
 
But it got me to thinking. 
Many of us I am sure have reached that place where “HOPE” has become so elusive that hopelessness has set in; times when GOD seems to not be listening. 
 
That is why when those despondent feelings wave over us, we must keep SEEKING our "CHRIST above" for He is always listening and always waiting to be found.
Jeremiah 29:13 (NLT)
If you look for me wholeheartedly, YOU WILL find me.
 
It is (our) job to climb the mountain and see above the clouds…Alder
 
GOD IS waiting above the clouds to be found today.  Look up.  He is STILL there.
ABOVE IT ALL.

  
I love you all!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment