Thursday, March 24, 2016

REAL

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“The “real” things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong.” – Wilder

The REAL things.  They still are best.

Honesty
Truthfulness.
Gratitude.
Joy.
Perseverance.
Courage.
Faith.

I operate in a world that often settles for the fake, the lie.  The “real” has either become too much to withstand or it just isn’t cutting it.  And the chase for something “real” in my line of work often ends up settling for a lie; this lie…

It promises euphoria and delivers pain.
It promises escape and delivers bondage
It promises relief and delivers oppression
It promises fun and delivers tragedy
It promises acceptance and delivers rejection
It promises a high and delivers the lowest of lows – death
Heroin

My Grove City Champion and I had the privilege yesterday of sitting in on something called the FRANKLIN COUNTY OPIATE SUMMIT.  I know sounds delightful right?  But while it wasn’t delightful, it was insightful and challenging.

How many do you think today will exchange the “REAL” for the lie of heroin?
1 in 5 teenagers will.
7 will so much they will succumb to it

In 2015 15,423 folks in Ohio needed something called NALAXONE in order to restore them to “reality” one more time.

I share this today because what Wilder has said is spot on.  We need to daily embrace and operate in the “real”; it is still best.  Too many of us are settling for lies or the promise of them.  And yes while where I live and work the lies are EXTREME, many of us buy into other lies.

“I am a failure”
“I will never be more than this.”
“I have blown it.”
“This consumes me, I can’t break free.”
“God has forgotten me.”
“If only I had ___________ I would be okay.”
Friends today let’s start and embrace what is real. 
You need a reality check?

You are greatly loved by God
Colossians 3:12, Romans 1:7, Thessalonians 1:4, Ephesians 2:4
Don’t settle for the lies that say you are not!

You are far from oppression and fear does not come near you.
Isaiah 54:14

You are born of God and the evil one does not touch you…
1 John 5:18
…and neither do his lies!

You are holy and without blame before Him in love.
1 Peter 1:16; Ephesians 1:4

You have the mind of Christ.
Philippians 2:5, 1 Corinthians 2:16
…and that mind is laced and bathed in truth.

I could go on but you are getting the gist. 
Operate in the REAL things today my friends, most importantly GOD.

“Our belief in God is not blind faith. Belief is having a firm conviction something is TRUE (real), not hoping it’s true.” - Lucado


I love you all!
Be blessed today…
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment