Thursday, March 17, 2016

THANKS ST. PATRICK

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

"Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me." - SAINT PATRICK

...Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. - Ephesians 3:17(NLT)

Now THERE is some powerful reassurance on this St. Patrick’s Day.

Who needs luck when we have CHRIST beside, before, behind, within, above and below?

Who needs the luck of a shamrock or that elusive pot-o-gold when we have CHRIST residing in our hearts?

Who needs a happy leprechaun when GOD has taken root through CHRIST in us?  When He is as CLOSE to us as our CLOSEST friend?
 …we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. – Romans 5:11 (NLT)

With a name like “Delaney” and kids with monikers like Hillary Patricia, Samantha Elizabeth and notably Ian Carroll, the “Irish” most certainly runs through our veins.

But I am MOST thankful for ST. Patrick’s observations about JESUS this morning and the assurances he shares.  It is what HE extols and not luck that will carry my Irish clan through this day and through good times and tough times.

Collin Farrell once said:
Being Irish is very much a part of who I am. I take it everywhere with me.

Well my Irish clan can safely say, CHRIST is very much a part of us and we can take HIM everywhere with us.

And THAT my friends, makes ALL of us, Irish or no Irish, the “luckiest” folks on the planet!


Have a blessed St. Paddy’s Day!
I love you all!

Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment