Monday, April 8, 2013

MIND-SHARE


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
When I was an international marketing and sales executive (yes I really used to be one of those *:-/ confused) we used to talk about “mind-share” a lot. I worked in an intensely competitive and at the time lucrative market. All of us were constantly looking for mind-share.
What is mind-share you ask?
Well let me give you a simple explanation. We wanted our “brand”and our “products and services” to be the first thing that came to “mind” when a customer had a problem or need. We wanted that client when they encountered a challenge or was on a "solution search" to say, “I wonder if ‘Delaney’s place' has something for this.”
That is mind-share. We wanted to be on the tip of every customers tongue and one of the first things they thought of with their morning toast and jelly.
If we had dominant mind-share, our competitors never would even get invited to the table. And that was a good thing!
That brings me to a little related question today. What has your "mind-share" this morning?
Is it school work? Project on the job-site. Deadline? Full calendar? Maybe it is something like a sick loved one.
What has your synapses sizzling and your electrons excited? I know what the answer "should be".
Colossians 3:2
Keep your minds thinking about things in heaven. Do not think about things on the earth.
But I know in reality that isn't always the case is it?
Regardless, GOD wants our mind-share this morning. He wants to be the first thing we think of when we are met with a challenge or need. He wants to be on the tip of our tongue and in the forefront of our minds!
Matthew 6:33
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else...
And the only way GOD attains that kind of mind-share is when we open our minds and hearts to Him continuously.
I never let a day go by when I wasn’t in front of my clients. Whether it just a voicemail, a quick email, maybe a new brochure or product slick, I wanted clients to have something from my company on their desk all the time. I even bought them company logo shirts so that they would remember me when they got dressed in the morning.
Are you doing the same with Jesus?
Where is your Word? Have you spend some time in prayer? What is on the car radio? What is your Pandora channel set to this morning? Is GOD getting the chance to dominate your mind-share or are you stuck thinking more about the things on earth?
If GOD isn’t at the forefront of your mind and thoughts, then He won’t be the first thing you think of in a crisis, challenge or need. And we sure don't want the "competitor" coming to mind do we?
NO WAY!
So give GOD your mind-share today.
Romans 8:6
If people’s… thinking is controlled by the Spirit, there is life…
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment