Friday, April 26, 2013

YOU ARE NOT




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I was counseling and sharing with a woman yesterday at the JEREMIAH TREE who was just at her “wits end”. Family troubles, health troubles, confusion, financial woes were the topics. She was on the edge.
But after several Kleenex and some very serious searching in the scripture we came to a less than revelatory but significantly powerful conclusion.
GOD is GOD. We are not. And we need to trust Him.
I know, pretty "simple" but seriously true.
In fact later in the day I popped into my house to grab a quick soda and TBN was on and there was Bryan Duncan, singer and recovering addict, saying the same thing.
GOD is GOD. We are not. And we need to trust.
I love when GOD does that! Lets me know HE is paying attention! But it is the truth. GOD is GOD.
Colossians 1:16
Through his power all things were made: things in heaven and on earth, seen and not seen—all spiritual rulers, lords, powers, and authorities. Everything was made through him and for him.
But do we really “understand” that?
I would say no because if we did we wouldn’t try to play GOD as much as we do.
What do I mean "play GOD". You know what I mean.
We love to be in control. We love to feel as if we are calling the shots. We love to act as if OUR plan is the BEST plan with no regard as to what GOD’S (BEST) plan might be.
Come on! I am not the only one am I?
I believe we all “wish” we were GOD from time to time. Or at a minimum that GOD was more like a genie in a bottle and was at our beckon call and command.
But GOD knew better and GOD certainly knows better.
He knew we are not capable of consistent and good decisions. He knew our flesh would blind us constantly as to the difference between good and “not so good”.
So GOD has opted to STAY GOD and the sooner we realize that He is GOD and we are not, the better!
So let’s be simple.
Let's decide today to let GOD be GOD.
Psalm 37:5
Depend on the Lord; trust him, and he will take care of you.
And us be us.
And then watch as the “simple” straightens us out.
Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
I love you all!
Have a blessed weekend.
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment