Tuesday, December 3, 2013

FROM A FRIEND


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I was spending some time with a friend during a late afternoon counseling yesterday.
Our sessions continue to become more and more thought-provoking and intriguing to say the least. My friend, who is still quite new in his relationship with CHRIST, has become a dedicated and hungry pursuer of the WORD. The more he reads, the “more he reads” if you catch my drift. And as we were wrapping up last night, he shared that GOD was really speaking to him and to his very challenging situation through a passage from this Psalm.
Psalm 32:
7 For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.
8 The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.
9 Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.”
10 Many sorrows come to the wicked, but unfailing love surrounds those who trust the Lord.
11 So rejoice in the Lord and be glad, all you who obey him! Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!
That is some power-packed stuff wouldn’t you agree?
I love those passages that can speak to us at the start of each day and infuse confidence, set direction and remind us of just how praise-worthy our FATHER really is!
Here is what I want you to do today.
Think about your day and then take a second and go back and parse that passage. I believe you will find it has incredible application to this day you are either just now embarking upon or knee deep in the middle of.
I mean here are a few of the things that jump out at me.
Why should I fear or doubt anything I am to encounter today?
GOD has my back! GOD is cheering me on! (Verse 7)
If I don’t have a clue how to adapt to or address the challenges of the day, I will be just fine; better in fact if I let GOD lead! For my GOD wishes and desires to guide me, take the reins from my stubborn hands and lead me effectively through the day! (Verse 8, 9)
That even though this world can be cold and heartless sometimes; wrought with wicked things and wicked folks, my GOD surrounds me with HIS love and HIS protection! (Verse 10)
And lastly, because of all of this HELP today, I can and must pause and praise GOD, stay steady, keep a pure head and heart, and be GLAD! (Verse 11)
Isn’t that GOOD GOD stuff for today? Stuff you can quickly apply?
I sure think so!
I can’t thank my friend enough for directing me to these 5 amazing little lines. For though my friend continues to be challenged by a most difficult period in his life, he stepped away from his troubles for just a second to take the time to share what GOD had been showing him!
So as we were wrapping up in prayer last night, GOD said I had better do the same this morning with all of you! So, I pray that you like me, will be inspired and educated by the words of David and the thoughtfulness of a good friend and that you too will be better prepared and equipped for this day.
Have a great day!
I love you all!
Freedom Church

Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment