Monday, December 30, 2013

SPIRIT EMBRACE



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Church“wrapped” up (that is for you Mark), yesterday and as I was making my way out I had a couple people grab me and literally hold on to me for dear life. I am not talking about a typical "end of the service hug" these were “embracings” of a different sort.
I knew both of them were going through some difficult times.
One was a relational challenge the other a physical one. There was confusion, apprehension, and uncertainty on each face and most certainly in each embrace.
They were overwhelmed.
The circumstances were consuming them and they needed that hug.
It is in those times, those encounters, that I am so very thankful for prayer and the HOLY SPIRIT. For it is in those times that I have not a clue of what to say, how to say it, or what guidance to offer, but through prayer the SPIRIT brings peace, the SPIRIT brings clarity, and the SPIRIT brings comfort.
Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.
I have learned that situations like these don’t need me, they need the HOLY SPIRIT. And I am so thankful that He is at the ready to take the ball when called upon.
He did yesterday.
Yet the truth is we all face overwhelming times in our lives. Be it sickness, relational challenges, or financial crisis. We all have our moments when the circumstances, the doctor’s visit, the letters from the attorneys and banks catch us off guard or attempt to knock us out.
It is then that we MUST lean on the SPIRIT to pray for us and with us. He is there to strengthen us in our weakness. He is there to take what we don’t understand or can’t articulate to the THE FATHER and decipher and translate it.
He is there to help!
John 14:26
The Helper is the Holy Spirit. The Father will send Him in My place. He will teach you everything and help you remember everything I have told you.
This “Helper”, the Holy Spirit does just that. He inspires us to remember the TRUTHS of GOD for our times of crisis and confusion. And it is those TRUTHS that FREE us from the pressure and oppression of our circumstances!
Truths like:
Hebrews 13:5
I will never fail you. I will never abandon you…
Isaiah 43:2-3
When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up—the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, your Savior...
2 Corinthians 4:8-9
…We’ve been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we’re not demoralized; we’re not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we’ve been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn’t left our side...
Those TRUTHS, inspired and brought back to mind by the HOLY SPIRIT are what bring comfort in the crisis, peace in the pain, and faith to counter our fears.
And they truly help!
They did yesterday.
Perhaps you are looking for someone to grab a hold of today in order to steady or to comfort you. Look no further. The HOLY SPIRIT is there, inside of you with the answers, the peace, the comfort and the embrace that you need!
Grab and cling to Him! Then pause and pray and let HIM take care of the rest.
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment