Friday, December 27, 2013

WHY WAIT?


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
 
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
I have had several meetings lately with folks who are struggling with “waiting”.
 
“I wish GOD would move quicker on this,” they say.
 
“I really don’t like that answer Greg, I want this to work and I want it to work now,” they tell me.
 
“GOD, what is up with the delay?  This makes perfect sense,” they rationalize
 
And just this morning, “I want to be different, I just want to be different now,” she said.  She wasn’t too excited when I told her to wait for what GOD had in store for her.
 
We have all heard that old saying, “Timing is everything”.  Well that is most certainly true!  And when it comes to life changes, relational and financial decisions, matters of the heart and faith, we are best served to TRUST THE TIMING of the LORD!
 
Ecclesiastes 8:6
 
6 Yes, there is a time and a way for everything, though man’s trouble lies heavy upon him…
 
It is true!

There is a timing for everything; GOD doesn’t miss a trick, He has a plan for each of us; He has already crafted the directions and instructions for our path…
 
Psalm 32:8
 
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
    I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
 
…and all the intricate timing as well!  

That is why it is essential for us to seek and MOST IMPORTANTLY TRUST GOD’S timing!  And if that means waiting on God until there is further direction from Him while we remain in our present circumstances, then that is what we should do! 
 
However long that may take!
 
Psalm 25:4-5
 
Lord, tell me your ways.
    Show me how to live.
Guide me in your truth,
    and teach me, my God, my Savior.
    I trust you ALL DAY LONG.
 
But why wait?  Why do I need to wait when everything “feels so right”.
 
Well first of all we should know how fickle those feelings can be…
 
Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is the most deceitful thing there is and desperately wicked. No one can really know how bad it is!
 
But waiting is just “wise”
 
Waiting opens the door for GOD; gives Him the wheel, lets Him lead the way!
 
Yet too often, we make decisions based on the influence of our friends or culture. We jump the gun for the sake of convenience or in response to pressure. 

But God is the only source of true wisdom. He knows all things and answers us on the basis of His complete understanding. 

Never forget He only wants the very best for us!
 
Psalm 25:9
He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.
 
Therefore, by waiting we experience GOD’s timetable.  And that is a perfect timetable.
 
And while to others, it may appear as if we are delaying unnecessarily, we can be assured that by waiting we have a better opportunity to walk in concert with God and that leads to a more peaceful path for sure!
 
Friend, waiting on God allows us to prepare for His answer and His course of action. And when GOD uses a season of waiting we can be confident that the waiting is designed to strengthen our faith, guard us from failure and clear any ungodly motives and areas of sin from consideration.
 
Lamentations 3:25
25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
    to the soul who seeks him.
 
I will be the first to admit, I am not much for waiting.  BUT GOD is faithful to those who wait. The TRUTH of HIS WORD points it out time and time again.  

So don’t tire in the waiting my friends.  GOD is at work.
 
Listen for his voice.
Trust His timing!  I'm gonna try. 
You?
 
Micah 7:7
But me, I’m not giving up.
    I’m sticking around to see what God will do.
I’m waiting for God to make things right.
    I’m counting on God…
 
Have a blessed weekend…
I love you all!
Freedom Church
 
 
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment