Friday, December 13, 2013

LAMPS, LIGHTS, PATHS


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Psalm 25
…Show me the path where I should go, O Lord; point out the right road for me to walk. Lead me; teach me; for you are the God who gives me salvation. I have no hope except in you…The Lord is good and glad to teach the proper path to all who go astray; he will teach the ways that are right and best to those who humbly turn to him. And when we obey him, every path he guides us on is fragrant with his loving-kindness and his truth.
Some days it is hard to know which way to go.
With so much information and misinformation; so much opinion flying around in the media, the social cyberspace and the Twittersphere, it is easy to get confused and perplexed. With so many things, voices, and noise vying for our attention it is no wonder that the one true voice, the one true direction, GOD’s get’s drowned out.
That is why it is so important to DAILY ask GOD to help; to look to His Word for counsel and direction. For as the Psalmist says, when we do, GOD offers:
HOPE
SALVATION
THE PATH
THE RIGHT WAY
THE BEST DIRECTION
A WONDERFUL and “FRAGRANT JOURNEY”.
Those are things I want in my day. How about you?
Yet none of us can experience any of those things until we resolve to crack open His Word and DAILY seek the direction, guidance and help that is there!
Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
We must! This world has too many wrong turns, detours and dead-ends to trust ourselves or our navigational accumen!
It is time to stop trying to slog and sift through the noise with no help, especially when help is being graciously and lovingly offered!
So why not call on the name of the Lord when you are unsure about that decision or choice? Why not draw wisdom from His truth when the questions seem too complicated or the options too murky?
Don’t continue to navigate life on your own! GOD wants to help!
Give GOD the chance to help, steer and guide!
HE WILL!
Psalm 37:23
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
Psalm 23:3
He makes me whole again, steering me off worn, hard paths to roads where truth and righteousness echo His name.
To close the week and this DISPATCH I have a couple of simple questions.
What path do you have planned today? Are you already walking it? Did you consult GOD first?
If not, pause right where you are and “reset”.
Go to GOD in prayer right where you are and ask Him if you are on the right path for today. Grab your Word or Bible App and turn on that lamp to bring light to the decisions and choices that are still pending today.
Let GOD steer you to those roads that echo His name.
Without question, your day will end up smelling much much sweeter.
HE PROMISED!
Have a blessed weekend!
I love you all!
Freedom Church

Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment