Friday, December 6, 2013

LET THE POTTER

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
One of the cool fringe benefits of starting the JEREMIAH TREE has been meeting other like-minded, service focused ministry leaders. Yesterday was no exception. I actually had two different fellows come in to talk projects and oddly enough, even though they didn’t know one another, we can envision the two integrated down the road for our clients and those in need.
I love the way GOD forms the body around us!
But it was during my morning session when one of my new friends reminded me of this passage:
Isaiah 64:8
O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay and you are the Potter. We are all formed by your hand.
What prompted the reference was each of us were wanting to move forward with our ideas and the prospects of the partnership, but both knew that we better just pause, pray and let GOD form the alliance; not only between his work and the JEREMIAH TREE but also the collective work of all the ministries involved.
It was a good reminder: GOD is the potter. We are the clay; both individually and “ministerialy”.
So was paused, prayed and agreed there was no reason to get in front of the Potter.
Sometimes we all need reminded of who is in charge of things. I know I do.
But it is most certainly true!
The Potter most definitely has control over the clay. And while we all do make plans we most certainly should allow GOD’S hand to work and wait for His stamp of approval!
Proverbs 16:1
We can make our plans, but the final outcome is in God’s hands.
So even if we try to resist or accelerate His sculpting hand, He continues to work toward His purpose in HIS TIME. The master Craftsman has set out to achieve a particular design in us and in our work and He has a plan to make it take shape!
We should let Him.
I will be honest, these days I am glad to defer to the POTTER for my walk and life. I tried my hand at the wheel for a long time and many of us know how that turned out. So I do my best to remain open to letting GOD teach me and believe daily that the POTTER’S work will be best for me, the work of the TREE and FREEDOM CHURCH.
Romans 8:28
We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. These are the people God chose, because that was his plan.
Perhaps you are like me and my new alliance partner and have something cooking in your mind or heart for ministry. Or maybe you are going through a period of growth and change in your life.
Don’t push your plan don’t try to rush the process.
Instead, submit yourself, your plans and your heart to the hands of the POTTER and allow Him to shape and prepare you the best!
He most certainly will.
Romans 12:2
God brings the best out of you (and your plans), develops well-formed maturity in you (and the plans of your heart).
Have a wonderful weekend!
I love you all!
Freedom Church

Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment