Wednesday, July 26, 2017

CHANGE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

God uses change to change us. 
He doesn’t use it to destroy us or to distract us, but to coax us to the next level of character, experience, compassion, and destiny! - Beth Moore

Like change?

Some that know me well know I am a little “change averse”
I like my routine.

For example, in the mornings, I like to get up, take care of tidying up the place, get a little breakfast for Beth, do a load of laundry, exercise, get a coffee, sit down to write, and reflect and then move forward with my day. 

I like the security in that little routine. 
It is comfortable.
I am not a fan of uncomfortable.  But I am confident you aren’t either.

Getting stretched by change is often unpleasant.  Having the routine wrecked can be disconcerting or even debilitating for some.

But change is necessary even when it creates a little discomfort or trouble.
Even in times of trouble we have a joyful confidence, knowing that our pressures will develop in us patient endurance. And patient endurance will refine our character, and proven character leads us back to hope. And this hope is not a disappointing fantasy, because we can now experience the endless love of God cascading into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who lives in us! [Romans 5:3-5] TPT

Our choice is whether we decide to buck the changes GOD allows in our lives or recognize them as opportunities for development.

GOD doesn’t want us stagnant.
In fact, Lucado once remarked “God loves you just the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus.”

And that often takes a little change a little routine wrecking.

Perhaps you are a little like me, feeling that some change is coming.  The signs are there.  You have seen them before.  GOD has the next thing planned and you just got comfortable with the way things have been rolling along.  And while it might not be “trouble” that is creating the changes, like weather you can see on the horizon, you know something new and different isn’t far away.

The question is will we embrace the new challenges?
We will fear them or forge forward?
Will we try to resist the change or embrace it, learn from it, allow it to develop us?

Perhaps it is time to pray:
Heavenly Father,
I know you are doing or about to do a new thing with me.
You are placing the right people in my life and removing the wrong ones.
You are closing old doors and preparing me for new opportunities. The pruning and change process can be uncomfortable and albeit a little painful at times, but I know it’s for my good.
I trust you.
Change me.
I want to be more like You.

In Jesus, Amen…

Have a blessed day.
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment