Thursday, July 27, 2017

TIME TO REPORT

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“Don’t bother to give God instructions, just report for duty.”
– Ten Boom
This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike “What’s next, Papa?” – Romans 8:15 (MSG)

Be honest with yourself today.
How often does your prayer time start with some version of:
 “Lord I need you to…”

Then the list of things…

“Lord I need you to…
Take care of this open issue.
Open this door at work.
Get me that funding.
Convince that person to do this or that.
Help me here.
Help them there.”

Instructions.

Come on, I know I am one of the best at trying to grab GOD by the ear and attempt to focus His attention on my ever-lengthening list of to do’s and agendas.

But Ten Boom is on to something as is the Apostle Paul.
We all would be better served by setting down our list of instructions for GOD and instead expectantly ask HIM what is HIS agenda for the day, what does He want from our waking moments.

Remember we…
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps – Proverbs 16:9 (NLT)

Can I confess a little this morning?

I am in a very weird season.  There is SO much to do and I feel like I want to do all of it; help here and serve there and in the process my purpose has become muddied.  And while there are endless projects and opportunities that I COULD do or undertake, I am struggling to determine what it is I SHOULD be doing and undertaking.

Make sense?
And while my ego loves all the attention and “need for my services”, I am starting to feel more like a hamster on a wheel than a difference maker.

So, I am working hard to greet each day this week with an expectant “what’s next Papa” attitude and while yes, I have a ton of plans today, I am pausing to remember that GOD still orders my steps and has the last word when it comes to what I will be doing, who I will be meeting, and the conversations I will be having.

I will tell you that while a little uncomfortable, there has been a little more clarity this week; a little, enough to keep “reporting” rather than over-instructing.

How about you?
Do you spend a lot of time giving GOD instructions? 
How’s that working for you?
Perhaps today is a good day to just report for duty, to ask PAPA, “what are we doing today?” and going with that.

Remember:
We’re important, but not essential; valuable, but not indispensable. We have a part in the play, but we are not the main act. A song to sing, but we are not the featured voice. God is.

Time to report.


Have a blessed day.
I love you all.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment